Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Heckler,Tracer or 5 spot or ??
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

**** me that Titus is gopping.

May surprise you si but I like the Chumba

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

that Titus is indeed horrific – worse than the new DW turners.

But Form Follows function I guess!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

ive got an 08 5spot and ride in the peaks never ridden the others but for me its the perfect bike. not the quickest up the hills but more than makes up for it going down, plus nylon bushes are far better for the grit

cynic-al
    Free Member

scienceofficer-no function at all in those hideous bent tubes

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Of course there is.

They’re there to make other bikes looks really good!
    :mrgreen:

cynic-al
    Free Member

I set ’em up…

fivespot
    Free Member

I had a 2005 Horstlink 5spot which I though was great, then I tried a Cove Hustler(sold the 5spot within weeks) Had the Hustler now for 18+ months and it still puts a smile on my face.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got a large lime Green Heckler..
    Matched with 36’s and its awesome..

roughneck
    Free Member

What about the pace 405 or the hemlock. I do like the look of the BLT carbon.

Spud

The ‘old’ El Guapo looks much better than the new one.

tazzymtb

Sinister splinter ER (not the xc) or MX, both awsome bikes with fully adjustable bb height, head angle, seat tube angle, travel from 5-7″ rear up to 160mm on the front, and built by Frank the Welder, of Yeti/Turner Fame. Rare as well and have a mega industrial rough anodised finish, no need to ponce about with copter tape, it just doesn’t budge.

the newer gruitr is supposed to be a beast as well

alias
    Free Member

DW 5 Spot…..excellent bike….try before putting cash on anything else….you wont be sorry!

bridget4
    Free Member

i’ve had both a heckler and currently a 5 spot – heckler is more heavy but very stable going down(ooer missus !) – 5 spot climbs soooo well and reacts instantly to any rider input – it also descends brilliantly and can cope with 3-4 ft drops without complaint(darent jump anything bigger so i couldnt comment) – i found the heckler sluggish compared with the 5 spot but it did feel more solid generally i think due to the beefy construction

hope it helps you decide

scruff
    Free Member

Daisy no bobbing, nowt wrong with Fox air cans, theym pretty tough.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Heckler,Tracer or 5 spot or ??’ is closed to new replies.