Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Heckler Vs Orange 5
  • timberjack
    Free Member

I have wanted a 5 for years but now think i want something different but i want a singe pivot and as these bikes are very similar is it worth forking out the extra for the heckler.

acidchunks

Santa Cruz full bikes are ridiculously over priced.

Frame only the Heckler is £150 cheaper than a 5.

1981miked
    Free Member

Can we change that to ALL bikes are ridiculously overpriced.. Still love them though.

I had a 5 about 4 years ago.. Loved it and wish I hadn’t sold it, test rode a Heckler aswell but just preferred the Orange Grudge paying the money they are asking now.. Hence I’m bike less and looking at a deal online on Ibis Mojo SL’s.

Whatever you get I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

igm

I test rode them back to back and preferred the Five. Others would disagree.

Ride them. They are similar but not the same.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’ve had both, I still have my 5 if that helps.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’d choose the heckler on the basis that it isn’t an orange.

chiefgrooveguru

Can we change that to ALL bikes are ridiculously overpriced.. Still love them though.

If they were then the industry would be really profitable compared to other comparable industries. Is it?

6079smithw
    Free Member

Get a German mail order bike innit

adrec
    Free Member

New Yeti 575 looks lovely. Single pivot ish. Lovely.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Loved my hecklers until I got my Blur LTc…

Anyone know the weight of the orange frame, they seem to neglect to publish it.

Generally SC builds can be customised to what you want by the LBS (how it was suggested to me when I was looking) and you get 10mm more travel. Try both, they are probably the best demo companies around.

timberjack
    Free Member

I tested a 5 two weeks ago but it was only a medium and it was set up too soft so it wasn’t a true reflection of the bike, will try a large next month at a demo day and then decide, i tried a gyro which i really like but want something a bit special as i am going to be too old for this malarky before long

roverpig

Is a Five more special than a Gyro?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d put both as functional rather than special.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Heckler Vs Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.