Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Jungle take on BOS
  • thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Yes! 😀

legend
    Free Member

Only “yes” if BOS actually support their kit properly. 3rd distributor in 2 years?

jairaj

err didn’t they move to surf sales at the start of last year and now have moved again? Surprising to hear they have moved so soon.

ah beaten to it!

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve read elswhere that BOS asked Surf-Sales to buy more product without fulfilling the outstanding order for spare parts, and Surf-Sales said that they wouldn’t buy more product without getting the spares. History repeats as how BOS treated R53 then.

BOS sound like hard work which is a shame as the kit I’ve tested was very good… but I wouldn’t touch it with your mum until they get their poop in a pile…

Stevelol
    Free Member

How do they keep getting new distributors? Surely once bitten twice shy should spring to mind. I had a Deville for about a year and luckily nothing went wrong with it, but even so I wouldn’t buy anything BOS again until they’ve had some consistent UK support for at least 12 months. Stories of people waiting several months for something pathetic like a replacement pro-pedal lever is absurd.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

TF, R53, Surf Sales & now Jungle.

Why on earth would anyone touch them? They are a walking disaster.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Aye, I love the Vipr on my Rocket, but when it started making stange noises last summer after maybe 2 months of use, it took them 2.5 months to fix under warranty (and that was BOS themselves, nothing to do with Surfsales)

STATO
    Free Member

TF, R53, Surf Sales & now Jungle.

Why on earth would anyone touch them? They are a walking disaster.

Because you can make a lot of money selling them to shops (who then sell to you) then walk away after a year with no responsibilities, leaving shops to deal with irate customers.

jairaj

Yep agree with JonEdwards, when I bought my Bandit with a Vipr shock the Surf Sales rep told me how they have signed up with BOS and have a service centre with trained people and spares and how its not going to be like before, blah, blah …

I’m very glad it hasn’t broken yet. While I love the rear shock not sure I would buy it again due to the poor after sales support.

Chainline
    Free Member

BOS are a classic case of a great product designed by a great engineer who won’t let go of running the company and having total control, in my opinion. Great engineers don’t always make great businessmen.

I also changed due to lack of back up not performance. Nicest forks shocks I’ve ever used, but. Who knows if you can get them sorted when they do need work. All suspension needs work at some point if used as intended.

fbk
    Free Member

Only reason I bit the bullet and bought my Vip’r & Devilles was the fact James at Jtech started servicing them. Sure enough I had a small problem with the shock and Bos/Surfsales were useless. The guy I spoke to had no idea what the problem was; I spoke to James who had already sorted a fix for it!

Amazing products, crap after sales – such a waste.

toys19
    Free Member

my experience with jungle is enough to guarantee I never buy any bos products..

Northwind

Yeah? They’ve been ace since they took on KS. Not the best communication admittedly but otherwise pretty much perfect.

toys19
    Free Member

think of it like your planet x experience…
    Basically they were nefarious to the point of me considering going to the police. Over a 250 quid “crash replacement” part.

Northwind

Ah. Well I will bear that in mind.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Jungle take on BOS’ is closed to new replies.