Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Heckler owners please, is this normal?
  • superfli
    Free Member

I just bought a Heckler frame off ebay and noticed a small crease/dent on the frame where the swingarm would hit the frame if no shock is fitted (it came with the shock lose for some reason).

Should I be worrying about this? It wasnt in the description, and might have occured during transit, shock being fitted would have prevented this. I’m not one to worry about scratches/marks etc (as I’ll do that anyway!), but am worried about resale in a few years and mechnical/structural failures!

TIA, the sooner the better as I’m off to get a headset fitted at 7!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not on my old one (2011)

stugus
    Free Member

no mine doesn’t have that. Looks like ding from the swingarm.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Neither does mine, Request a refund.

nmdbase
    Free Member

It’s dented.

superfli
    Free Member

Why the f didnt the guy fit the shock before posting, i dunno.
    Gutted, I’ll send it back.

Thanks all.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not on mine either.

I dinged my seatstay and sent a pic to Santa Cruz for an opinion, they got back to me in a couple of hours.

info@santacruzbikes.co.uk

The chap said he’d never seen a frame fold due to a dent, but he couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t! I’m tight so I left it, however not so sure I would if it was on my down tube!

scruff
    Free Member

That could have happened any time the shock was removed, but to visibly dent it would need more force than just a single flap from the swingarm.

martinxyz
    Free Member

The walls of the downtube arent thick so it probably didnt take that much to do it. It wouldnt bother me to be honest. If i was notified of it before the sale i would be fine with that. If you didnt know about it then maybe you would want to get a little back for it as it might affect what you sell it for later on. Just ride it!

koolaid
    Free Member

Have this on my superlight. Appeared after my first ride with shock fitted properly. Took it back for service and LBS said it was common fault with SC single pivot frames. I just put it down to my weight and using it on trails that require something with a bit more travel. Wouldn’t expect this on a heckler though.

superfli
    Free Member

I’m in contact with the seller now. lots of emails, good quick response, but its him that needs to start the postal insurance claim, not me (which is what he is trying on).

superfli
    Free Member

koolaid, “common fault”? Don’t they mean common accidental damage? This couldnt happen with shock fitted.

koolaid
    Free Member

Accidental damage is how they described it but i didnt agree.They claimed that the shock is only set up for a specific weight and type of ride and this had been exaggerated. I assume that is why they offered the RP 23 upgrade which I didn’t take up. I can send you some pics of the ‘damage’. I am currently seeking a claim with Santa Cruz just now.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

koolaid – Member

Have this on my superlight. Appeared after my first ride with shock fitted properly. Took it back for service and LBS said it was common fault with SC single pivot frames. I just put it down to my weight and using it on trails that require something with a bit more travel. Wouldn’t expect this on a heckler though.

Thats bollox tho i am afraid – it could NOT happen when thes hockw as fitted UNLESS someone has a shock on with too long a stroke

koolaid
    Free Member

Cruz heckler….i am glad to hear that. SL fitted with standard float r shock and set up in shop for my weight. As this is my first full suspension bike I was a bit gullible when I asked the staff advice and took it all as gospel. Decided to take it up direct with SC who have to their credit been very responsive.

mamadirt
    Free Member

its him that needs to start the postal insurance claim, not me (which is what he is trying on).

That is correct but keep all your packaging. I sold a Tazer frame a year or so ago which arrived at its destination with a cracked headset cup (frame was fine). I refunded the seller straight away to the value of a new headset which he was more than happy with, but Parcelforce failed to process my claim as the original packaging was not available for inspection 🙄 .

nmdbase
    Free Member

koolaid – Member

Thats bollox tho i am afraid – it could NOT happen when thes hockw as fitted UNLESS someone has a shock on with too long a stroke

That’s the only way it could happen, if I let all of the air out of my heckler shock it’s no where near hitting the down tube.

xcstu
    Free Member

Have had many SC frames and this is not done with a shock fitted.. period..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Heckler owners please, is this normal?’ is closed to new replies.