Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Xbox broke, help!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So, no red ring of death but it just won’t work anymore!!! Any ideas!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Get a new one.?

Tom83

Does anything happen at all if you turn it on? Or is it not even getting that far?

uplink
    Free Member

Any ideas!

Watch the telly?

toppers3933
    Free Member

put it in the bin and go for a bike ride?

atlaz
    Free Member

New power supply? There should be a light on it, if not either your fuse has gone or the power supply is dead

wrightyson
    Free Member

No boots up etc etc, tries to do the latest update then just freezes, makes the screen go all pixalated! We use it to play dvd’s but that ain’t working either!??

defydude
    Free Member

Yes, because you can’t pass the time doing anything other than riding your bike 🙄

mau00149
    Free Member

mine just started freezing not long after switching it on and loading a game. Ended up with the red ring of death eventually. Can get a kit to rectify it. Fairly straight forward to do, mine was just out of warranty so gave it a try and been working fine since. Can look out the kit link / instructions if you like…

timc
    Free Member

get a MW3 / PS3 deal at midnight tuesday 🙂

Cougar

that ain’t working either!??

Symptoms?

How old is it?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah any help greatly appreciated! This ones 3 1/2 yrs old! Can they get a virus? Something seems a little odd with this!

atlaz
    Free Member

If you could do the same for me would be good. I’ve got a red-ringed one here but need a second one so bought a new one anyway.

Liftman

Does it only lock up if trying to do the update, will it boot up to the dashboard ?

Cougar

Can they get a virus?

No.

Something seems a little odd with this!

Symptoms? Things like “it doesn’t work” doesn’t help, it’s like going to the doctor and saying “I’m ill.” In what way doesn’t it work, what happens?

I’ve got a red-ringed one here

If it’s inside three years old, MS will fix it for free.

Russell96

My original 2005 one started freezing playing Forza 3, so I opened it up and took the heatsink off and the thermal compound must have been applied by a luntatic using a footwide paintbrush, way too much of if and mostly in the wrong places. Cleaned it all off using some ArtiClean thermal compound remover/purifier and put some Artic MX-2 thermal compound on instead. Also changed the fans for some quieter but higher flow ones too, end of problem.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No definately older than three yrs old! So it switches on, comes up with a Microsoft start screen that I’ve never seen before! It then says update available etc, click yes, it gets so far through then freezes. Controller flashes and then does nothing, won’t switch off etc. The screen then goes all pixalated, where you can still see the update screen but blurred! Only option then is to hit the off button on the console!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Yes, because you can’t pass the time doing anything other than riding your bike

sorry for joining in. i should have known better.

wrightyson
    Free Member

To be fair toppers it’s the little dude that uses it, and like I say for watching DVDs also. I don’t get the time these days, and yes if I have time I’m out on the wheels!!!

toppers3933
    Free Member

hope you get it sorted. although it is nearly christmas soon!! 😉

Haze

Screen getting all pixelated sounds like my old Xbox shortly before it started throwing up the 3 red lights.

I’d do as Russell96 said, worked for me for about 12 months before it went again. Time eventually caught up on it though and the periods between fixes got less and less.

I chucked it and bought a new one.

e2a: If you do end up fixing it yourself, replace the old heatsink for the newer version too…every little bit helps.

samuri
    Free Member

3 1/2 years old is well within the ‘dodgy motherboard’ time period. As cougar says, MS will probably fix it for free. We repaired ours for free years ago. Took about two weeks to come back but has been fine ever since.

nickswolves
    Free Member
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Xbox broke, help!!!!’ is closed to new replies.