Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Heart attack at 42, will I die….
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Get well soon Ian 😀

dirtyboy

Hi all just a quick update, I’m still in hospital awaiting a spot on the cardiac ward, I’m in the medical assessment unit at present which is a bit chaotic but the staff are amazing and under immense pressures, I’m on anticoagulants and being monitored but I feel perfectly fine, thanks again for all the kind words and experiences and yeah I bought a lidl heart rate monitor from the bike forum to monitor my recovery. I’ll keep you all posted big love Dirtyboy x

barrytheflea
    Free Member

A doctor told me I hand acute angina once, I told him he must have the wrong notes! 😀

Best of luck OP!

grtdkad

You’re in the best place, clearly a good call getting straight to the docs!

Healing vibes 😉

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

If you’ve lived long enough to get to hospital, you’ve done better than a good number of unsuspecting heart attack victims. As a rule of thumb, if you’ve got this far and now do as you’re told, you’ll be right!

Speeder

My dad had a heart attack about 20 years ago and he’s still going strong at 75. You’ll be fine if you look after yourself.

I’d be properly gutted if that happened to me, what a waste of a days’ uplift!

Best of luck.

G

dirtyboy

Hi all I’ve had 3x stents fitted felt pretty unpleasant yesterday, but feeling better today

Drac

Good to hear you’re on the mend.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Glad to hear you will be ok.

benw
    Free Member

Here in Italy to do any competitive amateur sport you have to have an annual ECG with a cardiologist,this involves 12 minutes on a gym bike or treadmill depending on what sport you do.I have a couple of club mates who have had problems highlighted and refused a license.They have then been treated and then returned to racing.Maybe the UK should follow suit.

dudeofdoom

Yep good to hear yer ok…

Had to really bollock my dad last year to go to doctor – was getting bad indegestion – but ‘be alright in a momement’ = Triple heart bypass 🙁

This gettin old thing sucks….

hora
    Free Member

Great news. Have a relaxing weekend 🙂

footflaps

Hi all I’ve had 3x stents fitted felt pretty unpleasant yesterday, but feeling better today

Was worth the visit after all!

Healing vibes 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Here in Italy to do any competitive amateur sport you have to have an annual ECG with a cardiologist

That’s because in Italy they have a higher than normal incidence of the (often) genetic condition ARVC. This is pretty unpleasant and is one of those things where exercise is actually bad for you (and can often prove fatal).

While different from a heart attack, the principle of testing isn’t a bad idea. With things like ARVC (and HCM, which is what Fabrice Muamba has) often the first symptom is a fatal cardiac arrest.

Glad things are looking up dirtyboy..!

natrix
    Free Member

Glad to hear that you’re recovering. (Steer clear of the energy drinks, they were banned in France for years because of the effects they can have on hearts.)

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Heart attack at 42, will I die….’ is closed to new replies.