Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Headset help
  • jeffm
    Free Member

Sorry this has been done before, but frustration has kicked in.
    I’m building up a One one Scandal 29er v.2 tapered and trying to get a headset that fits is driving me mad.

I would happily buy the smoothy mixer headset from one one, but the crown race that matches the headset is out of stock and with no light at the end of the tunnel as to when they might be back in stock.

Anyway I bought a superstar headset that I thought would be the right size after looking at on old thread on this forum, I found this post:
    (scu98rkr – Member
    I now have superstar one and it fits.
    Come with both crown races which makes it somewhat better value than on-one. Ie £40 + £20 for other crown race.
    So confirmed as the standard for the Scandal.
    ZS 44/28.6 | EC 49/40)

You’ve guessed it, it doesn’t fit.
    Any other suggestions for headsets that will actually fit?

fhendry1
    Free Member

Are you trying to run a straight steer tube? I used a Hope pick’n’mix in mine and its great.

jeffm
    Free Member

No, running a tapered. Was looking at hopes but not sure what size I need? Any tips

mda

If you’re sure the headtube is ZS 44/28.6 | EC 49/40, for Hope Pick n mix you’ll need top Hope 2, bottom Hope F.

Last time I checked, Winstanleys had the best prices, Merlin next best.

julioflo
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    have the same problem as above – Have a new Scandal 29er frame and a tapered fork and the On-one Smoothy mixer 1.5″ crown race is out of stock.

Now looking to go down the Hope Pick n Mix route – so are we sure that the Scandal headtube sizing is: ZS 44/28.6 | EC 49/40?

mda

I should have edited my post to read:

If you’re sure the headtube is (internal diameter) 44mm upper and 49mm lower, for a tapered steerer fork, from the Hope Pick ‘N’ Mix range, you’ll need top Hope 2 which is ZS44/28.6 and bottom Hope F which is EC49/40.

Shouldn’t be too difficult to measure the headtube internal diameter top and bottom to confirm?

jairaj

What way did the Superstar headset not fit?

Looking at the Smoothie tapered headset the Superstar Tapered T2 (ZS 44/28.6 | EC 49/40) headset should have been the correct size to go for.

Email On-One to check what headset standard it takes. They don’t seem to say looking on the website.

info on the smoothie headset suggests its the same headtube in the new 29er frames as in the C456 which is what I have and the Superstar T2 headset works fine for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Headset help’ is closed to new replies.