Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Heads Up Rowarth and Strines riders
  • carlos
    Free Member

This might or might not be anything sinister and just a result of water erosion, but descending Laneside Road (Rough track down to The Little Mill pub in Rowarth), where the bedrock starts there seemed to be some well placed large boulders. One set looked like they’d been placed as a water bar and the others were just random but along the obvious line.

Some odd boulders and logs on the top section of the descent from The Fox down to Strines Station too. A rather large lump on the first easy lefthander that’s got a kinda berm thing going on and a big branch just where the first set of cobbles are.

Could just be one of those things, but they looked a little to well positioned.

Carlos

phunkmaster
    Free Member

I rarely hammer down Little Mill after a couple of near misses with walkers but thanks for the heads up. It’s particularly rocky at the bottom at the moment.

I know I moved a large branch from across the BW on the descent that forks off to the right and from Laneside and there were loads of foliage on the BW after someone had trimmed the sides.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

That Little Mill descent has got to be the best round that way along with Gird Lane and the left hand fork off the standard Mellor Cross descent with all the eroded drop offs.

Last time I was up there water was cascading down it like a river about 2-3 inches deep, can’t beat a British summer eh. Some pretty big boulders were getting washed to the bottom onto the tarmac next to the house. TBH it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s intentional, there’s a lot of adult children who can’t share round those parts! I’ve cleared loads of debris, branches snapped across trails, big logs placed after drops and corners on other trails in the area.

mark90
    Free Member

A friend shared a post on facebook about some kids stringing wire across the bridleway between fox inn and staines station on 31/07, so it may be related.

carlos
    Free Member

mark90 – Member
    A friend shared a post on facebook about some kids stringing wire across the bridleway between fox inn and staines station on 31/07, so

😯 rode that last night too, glad it was gone or could’ve been very messy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Heads Up Rowarth and Strines riders’ is closed to new replies.