Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • "The Toughest Race" An intimate look into the minds of road racing cyclists
  • flannol
    Free Member

(I should note that I made this film!)

The An Post Ras, an 8 day stage race, took place a little over a week ago. Here’s an insight into the minds of the riders during one of the toughest uci 2.2 stage races in europe.

[video]https://youtu.be/POg2WjLbZMY[/video]

soobalias
    Free Member

will watch later.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed that.

senorj

Like.

lunge

Liked for later

qwerty
    Free Member

#

kcr
    Free Member

Well done, great wee film, and I think you’ve really captured something of what makes the Ras so special.
    Absolutely brutal, no prisoners taken, but a fantastic race run by people that really love their cycling. I remember starting a stage 3 or 4 days in and thinking, “today it’ll settle down..”, just before they lowered the neutralised flag and some Irish lad went up the road at 30 mph again…

Junkyard
    Free Member

LIked that good effort OP
    Really captures the race in a short film

brakes
    Free Member

would be nice to have seen some race footage.
    and now I want a Neon Velo t-shirt….

flannol
    Free Member

Yeah sorry about that, not much you can see from the convoy! We did make a film more about the race (still from a team perspective) last year https://vimeo.com/129727490 – “Men Of The Ras“. Had some time in the race directors’ car on a day with some of the more brutal sidewinds so there’s a bit of racing action.

kcr – congrats on being a man of the ras! Sounds about right, hah.

Neon Velo kit will be on sale soon 😉

TiRed

Thank you. Really enjoyed that. Summed up the Ras beautifully. I’d have liked just a little more on crashing and the mindset that’s needed. Otherwise just so very good.

TiRed

Thank you. Really enjoyed that. Summed up the Ras beautifully. I’d have liked just a little more on crashing and the mindset that’s needed. Otherwise just so very good.

spawnofyorkshire

Really enjoyed that, well done fella

neilthewheel

That makes me want to go back to Ireland. What’s the mountain at 1’50?

kilo

Looks like the Healy Pass outside kenmare

lunge

Good that, enjoyed it.

plus-one

Excellent ..you need to make more 8)

theotherjonv

Loved it.

The mindset of a racing cyclist; for me it was the bit about your team leader pulling strong and you know you need to go to the front and do your bit, but you know you haven’t got the energy for it, but you have to anyway because it’s your job…..

and repeat for however many times your turn comes up, for 8, or 21 or however many days the race goes on.

And while everyone remembers Wiggins or Froome or…… you could walk through the main street of your home town with a T-shirt with your name on it and most people still wouldn’t have a clue who you were.

Chapeau.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘"The Toughest Race" An intimate look into the minds of road racing cyclists’ is closed to new replies.