Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • HDMax extreme — reviews
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

looking at this camera. seems to be a good one with the screen so you can watch footage before getting near a PC. Gopro hero or contour seem to be the prefered camera. anything wrong with this one??

Phototim
    Free Member

Yes I have one. Got it for xmas, have used it a couple of times. Image quality seems to be good although I have not used a GoPro (only seen video on the net) and it is indeed packed with features.

Some points you might find useful:
    The laser that is supposed to be used for lining it up on a helmet is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Ok indoors but as soon as you are outside in the daylight, you can’t see the laser line at all.
    You can’t seem to delete clips from the camera using the screen menus, only by connecting it to a computer.
    On my first ride I got dirt under the slider switch and its now all gritty, although it works fine.
    The lens on the front is not replaceable and is very vulnerable to scratching if you crash. GoPro’s screen is replaceable as part of the case I believe.
    The mounts are connected by a sliding interface that needs to be set home with a bit of umpf, not a bad thing as it makes it all very secure but it caught be out the first time.
    Dead easy to use, cheap batteries, lots of accessories, good support from Dogcam (I’ve used their live online chat a couple of times now and it works a treat). Altogether a good camera but I think I’ll be getting a GoPro as well at some point.

Someone else on here posted up a review and clips, do a search, it should come up. I will try and post my Cwm Carn footage, just need to sort out a decent program for converting the .mov files.

Hope that helps.

trout
    Free Member

I have had use of both together and here is a test video I took
    at the same time with both on their highest setting

I will let you make your own conclusions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZG5lD7XVk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HDMax extreme — reviews’ is closed to new replies.