Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hayfever – who's suffering?
  • Cheezpleez

<self-pity>
    My nose! My eyes! My *#@*$! eyes! Aaaargh!
    </self-pity>

rewski
    Free Member

It’s all in your head

andytherocketeer

itchy eyes mostly
    seems to be early this year

mr-brightside
    Free Member

been ok so far ive been eating honey all year as i read that it builds up your imune system to pollin. time will tell if it works?

donsimon
    Free Member

been ok so far ive been eating honey all year as i read that it builds up your imune system to pollin. time will tell if it works?

Only if the honey is made locally to the user, I believe.

Garry_Lager

Not yet. It’s in the post though, for sure.

As I’ve got older I find I have a bad 2 weeks or so with it and that’s more or less it. It seems to die down of its own accord, so hardly worth getting on the antihistamines.

psychle
    Free Member

it’s this Saharan dust… makin me eyes itch something fierce! 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

it’s this Saharan dust…

You’ve got it too? I had to use Ventolin for the first time in months yesterday and for today’s ride. 😥

psychle
    Free Member

yep, it’s here in London apparently… along with 22degrees in early April, so not complaining too much 😆

CountZero

My eyes have been irritating me something rotten just lately, much earlier than usual. Damn this warm, sunny weather!

freddyg
    Free Member

Zirtec FTW!

andytherocketeer

It’ll be birch pollen now I guess?
    I reckon the local honey thing is a load of tosh personally. Dunno where you get birch tree honey from?
    Prolly get more effect from eating loads of apples, which afaik have very similar protein to birch pollen (or something) which supposedly triggers allergy.

globalti
    Free Member

You’ll be relieved to know that the allergy will begin to die away as you reach your late forties. Probably.

andywarner
    Free Member

Becolamethasone nose spray. Takes a few days to build up but does the trick for me. I start using it in late February and don’t get hay fever anymore. Used to suffer with it something rotten.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

yep i get it quit bad!!! i had the injection 2 year ago and it works!!!

im not hit at the moment but have drugs on stand by for when i do get hit!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hayfever – who's suffering?’ is closed to new replies.