Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hayes HFX9 experience anyone?
  • renko
    Free Member

Driving me nuts trying to bleed these buggers, can bleed them alright but for the life of me cannot get any firmness into the levers. Just feel dead spongy.

Any tips?

Cheers
    Dave

z1ppy

are you bleeding them as per haye guide?
    Can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with them.. maybe you have a leak some-where?

devs
    Free Member

You bleeding them up or down?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Olly
    Free Member

i bleed them upwards, never had a problem.
    awesome brakes

peachos
    Free Member

sounds like air in the system somewhere. make sure the pistons are pushed back in place before you bleed. tap hoses to losen any possible bubbles holding on to the side.

and what i find most effective is to push a whole load of fluid through the system, effectively replacing all of the fluid each time i need to bleed.

other than that i’ve never had any problems with these brakes so don’t know.

renko
    Free Member

Bleeding them up – tried down but no better.

Pushed loads of fluid in, no bubbles for sure yet still no firmness.

Been on to Hayes and they’re saying it might be bladder leaking in the reservoir – sending me a replacement reservoir cap assembly (good of them) but not so sure. Will have to see if that helps…

Cheers

stevomcd
    Free Member

Echo the others, never had problems. Sometimes don’t get the bleed quite right first time, but always get there in the end.

Good tip (it’s in the Hayes instructions) – keep the pressure on at the caliper (i.e. keep squeezing the bottle) and then pull the lever a couple of times. Some air always comes out. Keep doing this until you get minimal air, but be careful as the fluid in the outlet tubing gets “sucked back” when you stroke the lever – don’t suck air back in!

Timmo
    Free Member

check that you have no leaking around the pistons1 bled and rebled a mates ones over and over no bubles at all but no power, looked at it and could just see fluid around the edge of the pistons!Doh!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Make sure when you a filling with fluid, you pump the lever quickly 4 or 5 times to get the air from the lever.

Del

when you’re done, maybe tie the lever back overnight, then have another go in the morning – should encourage air to come up to the top maybe?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had problems with an internally leaking hose. Hose was damaged but no sign of fluid escaping. Just a thought.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hayes HFX9 experience anyone?’ is closed to new replies.