Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Having a website what do I need and what do I need to know
  • compositepro
    Free Member

I need a website I think

Problem is im not a graphic designer and don’t have time to learn how to do other software Sit me in front of Catia and ask me to design something ,no bother

Just reading about wysiwyg coding and hosting already has me baffled

Anything simple out there for design of simple pages saying what I do etc.

eviljoe
    Free Member

try WordPress?

Conan257
    Free Member

I prefer Joomla for the ease of building a website…

If you want to try something for free, my wife uses (to my disgust since I run several sites) yola.com

For an example of a ludite making a webpage: http://www.shortandsweetcakes.co.uk

jruk
    Free Member

Loads of people come to us at work saying “we need a website” (work for a marketing company) and the first question we ask is “why?”.

Once you’ve worked out the answer in real detail by playing devil’s advocate with yourself, and only then, start thinking about the technology (could a decent fb, G+ or Linkedin page get you a more suitable online presence, for example). Worrying about Joomla v Concrete5 v WordPress etc etc etc before nailing your proposition (I’m assuming you’re selling something?) is a real distraction.

If you’ve done the proposition bit and really need a site, WordPress is pretty good – loads of themes available for not a lot of money.

HTH

Trekster
    matt_outandabout

^ what jruk said. WHY do you need one, and WHAT will it be used for.

Then faff about cost / how / techy stuff.

(WordPress FTW as well)

rootes1

tumblr, blogger or wordpress and use one of the basic templates

compositepro
    Free Member

I have thought about this but people like to see pictures (thats the main reason) and other tech stuff ,Im hoping a website might answer a lot of the questions rather than having to answer a lot more emails than I was expecting.

compositepro
    Free Member

I had wandered off and looked at the recommends on here seems wordpress might do it simply I like the Blogger also seems like an inbetween a website and a twitter account.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Having a website what do I need and what do I need to know’ is closed to new replies.