Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Have we done Skywalking?
  • wwaswas

No, not that one, the Russians;

I feel quite queasy just looking at it.

Skywalking basically involves a photographer making his way up to a death-defying height, and snapping a photo that’s meant to give you both a perspective you’ve never seen before, and that feeling like your stomach just made its way into your throat. Many of the photographers are in their teens, and unfortunately, with no sign of safety equipment anywhere in these photos, someone is gonna get hurt.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/04/25/skywalking-a-dangerous-new-photo-fad-popular-among-russian-teens/

can’t believe how many broken brackets there are on this one;

althepal

*Goes off to sit down for a minute..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Their DIY bungee jumps are pretty scary.

Harry_the_Spider

I used to watch steepljacks walking round the rim of the cooling towers when I worked on a chemical plant 20 years ago. 😯

Wait until teetosugars comes along with some of his works photos.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thats ace…

I’ll did out some photos from work.. Done a lot of the high level DSO work..

Great fun at 1000ft.. 😉

Houns

“let me just climb up here, oh the bracket has broken, I’ll keep going then”

Cougar

DSO?

zokes
    Free Member

WTFF??? 😯

*goes and sits down in a darkened room feeling slightly queasy*

leffeboy

can’t believe how many broken brackets there are on this one

It’s the broken brackets that make it so pant-filling 😯

convert

Most UK kids brick themselves at Go Ape 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

DSO?

Digital Switch Over..

All the TX from Analouge to digital for tellys…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thats a fantastic pic!

Appears a bit dull in some respects though. Why not learn to base jump then you get to jump off too !

tonyg2003

damn I’ve got sweaty palms on my mouse now.

toys19
    Free Member

Appears a bit dull in some respects though. Why not learn to base jump then you get to jump off too !

Hardly, the base jumper walks out on that beam with a parachute.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The base jumper gets the thrill of walking on an exposed beam, and then the secondary buzz of jumping off this lad will never experience the 2nd thrill, well not to remember any how.

leffeboy

I was reassured to see that he had the decency to look a little worried when he shuffled to the end of that beam

toys19
    Free Member

he didn’t look that worried, he was grinning and laughing before.

My point funky was that it takes more balls to walk out there without any safety net. The chute is a safety net yes? I would argue that the base jumper gets a smaller tingle as he has the experience to know its pretty safe..

Harry_the_Spider

I notice that the seat of his pants is discoloured.

Clearing the gutters 20ft up a ladder rattles me!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I disagree with that. If you have the balls to go up there in the first place I dont think it matters whether you have a parachute attached or not, its the bodies natural reaction to being in a dangerous environment.

Just like Go Ape above, people still brick it even though they are attached by a rope.

Doing stuff like that the thrill is knowing that you could easily die, and whether you have a parachute or not that thrill is still there or people wouldnt do it with a parachute.

I would consider doing stuff like that, but I have responsibilities these days that stop me doing stupid stuff 🙁

toys19
    Free Member

yeah me too, I have major issues with vertigo..

wwaswas

glad I’ve not had my lunch yet;

stavromuller
    Free Member

Shows the difference in the Russian mentality, if these kids survive to adulthood, being a total mad b*st*rd in the Russian Mafia will be a piece of p*ss

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yeah terrible init. In the UK board kids do drugs and die. In Russia they go an climb towers 🙂

grum
    Free Member

In Soviet Russia, the crazy stuff does you. Or something. 😯

grum
    Free Member

In Soviet Russia, the crazy stuff does you. Or something. 😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

How did he/she take the pic with no feet on the rail??

avdave2

Shows the difference in the Russian mentality,

When the Russian T34’s rolled into Berlin they covered the tanks with machine gun equipped troops, even if they didn’t hit the Hitler Youth wielding a Panzerfaust they provided enough sacrificial soft flesh to save the tank.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Skywalking?’ is closed to new replies.