Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • have we done "Redefining mountain biking online" yet
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All content will be unique – generated by ourselves, and our commissioned freelance contributors.

Front page appears to contain links to the same Madeira vid that’s on the FP here, a clip from Sprung, and the same Eddie Masters fat bike vid that’s been everywhere.

Good luck to them, though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How will the site be funded?

We’ll be offering various tiered advertising packages to suit differing customers.
    Usual 10/10 for good advertisers 😉

Will you cover MTB offshoots such as CX, E-MTBS etc?

Interesting you should mention Cyclocross – there are a few things on the radar already, and developments with electric bikes mean we won’t be avoiding them.
    🙄 Not more CX drivel 😉

anyway best of luck, reminds me a little of http://flowmountainbike.com/ when it started (about 4 mags then online only though)

He needs to fill up those advertise here ads though, way behind this place, maybe somebody should put lloyds and the watch people onto him 🙂

cookeaa

It’s the fact that its a “relaunch”… They’ve only missed the whole MTB website thing by a decade or so…

I Read that as, unsuccessful venture having a second stab, with the endorsement of MBUK’s gormless, fashion biker “Doddy”… Big whoop.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Why so negative?
    You’re a mountain biker yes?
    That’s a mountain bike website yes?
    It’s free to read yes?
    It’s not compulsory to read no?

What’s not to like about a new site writing about stuff you have an interest in?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sarcasm mostly from my part though can’t find the bit Kimbers got

Redefining mountain biking online

from

andyrm
    Free Member

Heaven forbid someone should launch something full of enthusiasm.

This is STW, home of cynicism and grumpiness from beardy wierdies who hardly ride…..

Good luck to him – Doddy is one of the most prominent industry figures in the UK, knows his stuff and is well respected.

scotroutes

Bottom left of the front page

tails
    Free Member

Is that dodgy from MBUK? Is that mag still going or has it become bike radar? Haven’t read any bike mags for years

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cheers, and for that a fair bit of

is allowed 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Will you cover MTB offshoots such as CX

Since when was cyclocross an mtb offshoot?

kimbers

If you Google factory Jackson that’s the tagline next to the URL

Its always good to have choice it would be nice if it was original content , things seem too polished these days, I particularly dislike embargo’s on new product until all the websites can simultaneously release their ‘exclisive’ review of the 10 grand top spec wunderbike

SammyC
    Free Member

I think I lost all final traces of respect for Mr. Doddy when this series of videos came out:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jVHrS-jsF8[/video]

“You couldn’t do that on a 26 inch hardtail!”

You might not Doddy but I bet most other people could! 🙄

dragon
    Free Member

Website looks rubbish, but that’s besides the point, the bigger issues are:

1) Why does MTBing need another site at a time when interest in it seems to be falling compared to road.

2) These old fashioned websites are old hat compared to the YouTube vids style. The likes of GCN (and now GMN) are producing way more interesting content than the static websites are.

deviant
    Free Member

Yep, when ‘journalists’ appear in videos like that and make blanket statements like his at the end they just look like idiots, not interested in hearing anything else he has to say as he is clearly only interested in pushing the sport in the direction that the industry wants….e.g this year 29ers are fastest, no this year 650b is fastest, no this year plus size tyres are fastest etc etc….repeat until your eyes bleed, all the while forgetting that rider skill is the single most important factor at work in any of those scenarios in his video.

Despite Doddy’s amazing insight there Graves was still winning EWS events on 26 inch wheels in 2014 and Hill and Bryceland were doing the same in DH, meanwhile Moseley was using a 29er to win then most of the EWS and DH riders went over to 650b and carried on as before….what does it all mean!?

Same as ever, the best riders win no matter what they’re riding, nobody leapt up or dropped down the time sheets because of the changes in wheel size…..still, don’t let that stop you changing your bike on the instructions of Doddy because clearly it’s the bike holding you back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘have we done "Redefining mountain biking online" yet’ is closed to new replies.