Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Have I been done?……..
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

Bought an item off here off someone…..no names mentioned, after a week I received a message apologising that it hadn’t been posted, no problem I thought, now another week and a half later still nothing….and not replying to emails!
    I will publicly apologise now if its a genuine mistake, and I paid with pp so I should get my money back,
    Just a quiet rant, thanks for reading!

bruneep

*history snooping*

Was it a bike?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of things arrive pretty slowly. Most people on here are just ordinary people with lives that get in the way sometimes. Give it a bit longer. Just keep an eye on the timing for opening a PayPal dispute.

scaredypants

two and a half weeks is pretty shit IMO

If you take the money you should post it within a couple of days

georgecats_0
    Free Member

It won’t show in my history, thanks for your thoughts though

nickjb
    Free Member

If you take the money you should post it within a couple of days

There are shops that don’t post within 2 days. I certainly wouldn’t expect it from someone clearing out their shed.

tomhoward

Sssshhh, be still my sharpened pitchfork…

2 weeks is a while, are they posting from the UK?

Garibaldi while we’re waiting anyone? Teas and coffees are on the side.

piemonster

2 weeks + is shite

*sharpens pitch fork*

piemonster

Garibaldi while we’re waiting anyone?

Any custard creams?

I’m in a mood for bourbons if there’s some going.

Cougar

I’m in a mood for bourbon if there’s some going.

Cougar

In seriousness,

If I were you I’d look at their posting history. If they’ve been here years then it’s probably a mistake; if they’re a classifieds-only user that joined a fortnight ago then you’ve probably been fleeced.

Can you dunk bourbons in bourbon in decent society?

convert

Classified buyers who expect the best online shop delivery times are twonks but 2.5 weeks is daft. If you are not going to be able to sort and have it in the lap of the new owner in a week from payment you are not in a position to advertise. You are now dealing with a right slacker or a shyster.

Alphabet

If I sell anything then it gets posted within 24 hours/next day. 2+ weeks is a joke. How long does it take to pop to the post office? If it’s a large item then they should have figured out a courier before advertising it IMO. If they have a genuine reason for the delay then it only takes a minute to keep you updated via an email.

I’d start a claim via Paypal and get your money back.

teadrinker
    Free Member

bookmarking with choccy hobnobs, king dippers they are.

scaredypants

There are shops that don’t post within 2 days

[quote]Classified buyers who expect the best online shop delivery times are twonks[/quote]See, I disagree – these domestic sellers should only be shifting a few bits and I’d expect them to offer the courtesy of having the stuff pretty much ready to go – they shouldn’t have the logistical needs (and possibly waiting for stock from a distributor) of a major retailer unless they’re trading, in which case they’re deserving of a pitchforking.

The best online delivery times are still 1-2 days to arrive, rather than to put in the post.

Why would a private seller, with the stuff ready to go (cleaned, photographed and whatever else) take somebody’s money and then do nothing for 2+ weeks ? If you’re not ready to send it, don’t **** sell it

As a seller, how long would you two wait for me to pay ?

bruneep

I always aim to post same day or next day when payment is recieved. With collect plus its easy for me to drop off at the 24hr shop.

tomhoward

*feels really fat from all the biscuits and tea ice consumed in waiting for it all to kick off/resolve itself*

Come on chaps, chop chop… Getting bored here.

ant77
    Free Member

I can only get to a post office at the weekend, and they’re only open till 12.30 on a Saturday, so if I have a morning race/ride on then it makes it difficult.
    I would mention this though at time of purchase, and if it’s desperate could make a trip out on a work lunchtime to the nearest post office (which is halfway home so a fair journey).

gonefishin
    Free Member

I can only get to a post office at the weekend

To me that’s a perfectly reasonable reason for a delay of a few days, however this…

and they’re only open till 12.30 on a Saturday,so if I have a morning race/ride on then it makes it difficult.

…isn’t reasonable in my opinion. If you have taken someone’s money then you shouldn’t use the fact that you were off having fun as an excuse to not post their stuff.

Yak

I think a few days to post/ get a courier pick-up is reasonable. Add on post time/ cheap courier time and about a week total is probably right. Everyone’s got different time constraints so this may vary a bit, but 2 1/2 weeks is pushing it imo.

franksinatra

and I paid with pp

Gift?

Anyway, there may be an excuse for not posting the items but there is certainly no excuse for not replying to emails. Not good enough

Gary_M
    Free Member

I can only get to a post office at the weekend, and they’re only open till 12.30 on a Saturday, so if I have a morning race/ride on then it makes it difficult.

You shouldn’t really be selling stuff if you’re not prepared to be put out a bit when sending the goods. With parcel companies like hermes that pick up from your door the ‘I couldn’t get to the post office’ excuse just isn’t acceptable.

peterfile
    Free Member

For all the sellers who think it’s no big deal hanging on to the item for a bit, how would you feel about someone agreeing to buy your item, you taking it off sale and then waiting a week for payment?

njee20
    Free Member

hy would a private seller, with the stuff ready to go (cleaned, photographed and whatever else) take somebody’s money and then do nothing for 2+ weeks ? If you’re not ready to send it, don’t **** sell it

+1, and +another for the “I was out riding” being a shit excuse. Get someone else to go to a post office with the bits. Use a different courier. Plenty of solutions.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Apologies,apologies…..panic over, had a email reply today, and the bike came today,thanks to the un-named seller!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Boo, spoil sport. Tell them it hasn’t arrived.

z1ppy

When the dust settles maybe leave some feedback in their FS ad, won’t bump the thread but leaves it there for others to see positive comment about the seller

Gary_M
    Free Member

Trek Remedy?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Have I been done?……..’ is closed to new replies.