Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tour of the Cairngorms – bike choice
  • fergal
    Free Member

Yeah pathetic i know to ask on here, non technical ride with a few Km’s of singletrack, with lots of landy tracks, default take the hardtail, it’s 200km, would i regret not taking my trail bike for the comfort, i am not used to long rides and will surely be saddle sore, doing it next week and can’t make up my mind. Anyone like to convince me.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Take the lightest bike.

honeybadgerx

Did it a month or so ago on 29er hardtail and it was spot on for the riding. While there’s some great single track, I wouldn’t say any that’d be ‘more fun’ withba full sus. Hardtail is lighter to carry as well 😉

fergal
    Free Member

Cheers, i think i need to bite the bullet and go with the trusty hardtail, my only other concern is something breaking as it’s quite old now, verses new full suss, i’m sure the old girl will deliver though.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

If you want to take the new bike (because you clearly do) then take it.

Kunstler

Take the one that’s easiest to push and carry.

Or, as it looks at 200 km you’ll be doing the outer loop which is much more rideable than the inner. Lots of river crossings though.

boxelder

Saddle soreness isn’t (IME) eased by rear suspension. Take the hardtail and stick some big tyres on – at least 2.25. Be prepared to lose some paint off the bike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tour of the Cairngorms – bike choice’ is closed to new replies.