Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Has CRC been hacked?
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

has anyone else tried to order from crc this morning? I found a £20 voucher against my order – unless I've been singled out for special treatment…which would be nice, but was unable to complete the sale – told to try back later.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Better not be the one I used yeaterday!

orena45

Just tried placing an order myself and had the exact same thing.
    Thought I was about to get away with it too!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Me too- I did have a bit of a problem with a £20 voucher a while back so just emailed them assuming it was to do with that, but I guess not!

gonefishin
    Free Member

That's odd, I've just checked an order I placed and it is showing as processing with the £20 voucher applied. I got an e-mail confirmation too.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Double post…

vinnyeh

Same here- just placed an order for £23 worth of cables- charged £3 for th eorder.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

downhillsquirrel- did your order come out at £0?

Haze

Thomson seat clamp free…but what about my £1.01 change?

😉 < in case someone thinks I've actually tried to get away with it…

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Me too, 5:10's for £60. Intresting to see what happens.

Mark84
    Free Member

Happened to me to. Recieved an email cofirming the order as well.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Me too, order went though and I went back and the same thing happened!

Vey strange!

orena45

My order was below £20 so added an inner tube which took over and it's gone through with the discount. 😯

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I've done the decent thing and emailed them regarding this.

I've also phoned them but the lines are busy.

Never know, if I save them a few bucks i might get a free bike out of it, better than a free pair of gloves anyway!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Tried placing an order for some brake pads at £24.99, showing a £20 voucher and an order value of £4.99 but when I try to pay it goes back to £24.99.

Very odd. I'm not trying to rip anyone off btw.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Were do we stand legally? I thought if you pay for the goods (they've taken my money from paypal) it is then a legal contract, no? I'm sure somebody on here will know. I do feel guilty morally, mind

gonefishin
    Free Member

In a shop once you've paid and are out the door then the goods are yours and the retailer has no legal comeback. With an online purchase I'd hazard that once the goods are dispatched that that would be point at which the retailer has no comeback.

To be honest though if it cost £20 more to get my stuff I've got no issue and I'll happily pay up.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

College just tried and it seems to have stopped working now. I'm waiting for the E-mail, want the shoes anyway.

Haze

In a shop once you've paid and are out the door

Saw a program recently with some guy who bought an incorrectly priced iPod.

As I remember it, it's 'fair game' once the fee has been handed over and a receipt issued…regardless of whether or not you've actually left the shop.

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

All back to normal now 🙁 still it was nice to feel special for those few moments. Interesting to see what happens now to those orders that were allowed to check out with the discount…
    Whathaveisaidnow hope you spread your reward about with others who raised this thread 😉

el_creedo
    Free Member

Haze – they did say that actually buying stuff in shops, that is the case. But buying online is different apparently – didn;t pay enough intention to know exactly why, but basically your rights buying on line or over the phone are reduced.

Haze

Possibly because (in some cases) electronic receipts/acknowledgments are issued automatically after receiving payment?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow hope you spread your reward about with others who raised this thread

It appears to be nowt, . . . shouldn't be too difficult to distribute that?

In a nutshell, . . . created in error, worked, then remedied.

MRanger156
    Free Member

How has it been remedied? Not anything about my order.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Does remedied mean, no longer works or orders will be cancelled?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well I've received an e-mail that it has been dispatched and nothing about the price being increased.

vinnyeh

Mine's despatched as well.

Mark84
    Free Member

Mine has also been despatched, very pleasently surprised bearing in mind I sent them an email.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Yep me too.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Me too – woohooo!

orena45

Me three!

DT78
    Free Member

I sure I remember reading about a mistake on the Argos website where they missed a '0' off the price of a flat screen TV. If I remember correctly they did not honour the displayed price. Not sure if they actually took the money for the submitted orders though – maybe that's a loop hole..

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don't think shops are obliged to sell you anything at all at any price, so I'd be surprised if very many would honour an incorrect price.

Onzadog
    Free Member

anyone checked their card yet? what happened? Gutted at missing out on that one!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I had an email saying the £20 was an error and did I still want the order at the original price or cancel?
    I have no problem with them not giving me £20 off for no reason

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Nobtwidler what did you order? I was thinking they may have let things that they still made money on go. i.e. my fivetens were still £60, so I'm guessing they still made some profit on them. But if you ordered say a pair of gloves for £21 they would be unlikely to let them go for a £1. I could be wrong mind……

johnikgriff
    Free Member

onzadog, I paid with paypal and they only took the discount amount 🙂
    Normally I miss out on things like this.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I ordered a 3 pack of powerlinks and a pair of hope skewers it was £29 and got reduced to £9 which would have been a bargain – ho hum!
    I would be interested to see if this happened to anyone else

MRanger156
    Free Member

I ordered 2 innertubes and a tyre – £27 – paid £7 on my paypal account. Order complete and dispatched, not had an email asking me to pay the extra £20.

Hopefully got a bargain!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Has CRC been hacked?’ is closed to new replies.