Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • has anyone sold anything to nigeria and its been kosher?
  • whattyre
    Free Member

had comms with a guy who turns out hes from said african country.hes alledgedlly paid me thru paypal but the emails from paypal have been going into my spam box…
    i have to click onto a link to release the funds then send £90 back to cover postage…

all sounds well fishy,just emailed paypal and ill maybe call them in the morning..

whats the hive think?

Liftman

If you have to ask !

chvck
    Free Member

Run away. Fast.

kayak23

Don’t think I’d go near anything which said I had to pay them… 😕

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m sure that some UK munitions companies have sold stuff to folk in Nigeria and that’s been kosher..

chewkw
    Free Member

You are in for a long ride …

Yes, there are some kosher ones but so far they are difficult to identify. Risk is on you.

Markie
    Free Member

It’s a fraud.

whattyre
    Free Member

cool the instincts are clearly working…shall we spam him back? is that possible?

yossarian
    Free Member

Go for it OP, he sounds totally legit to me.

Bregante

has anyone sold anything to nigeria and its been kosher?

No but apparently plenty goes to Israel.

supertacky
    Free Member

Fraud is the national sport of Nigeria.

prettygreenparrot

There’s not much call for kosher in Nigeria “Muslim 50%, Christian 40%, indigenous beliefs 10%” Halal perhaps.

whattyre
    Free Member

i think ill email him back and allay him of my fears… 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

I work in nigeria occasionally and i wouldnt even sell something to a nigerian i work with standing infront of me !

tymbian
    Free Member

Have I understood this correctly… Said Nigerian has bought something from you and you have to send him £90 for postage?

nealglover
    Free Member

i have to click onto a link to release the funds

why ?

then send £90 back to cover postage…

Why ?

whattyre
    Free Member

this is why apparently
    “Hello,
    Thanks for the response, as you can see on the PayPal Payment
    Notification mail by PayPal, i have already sent the £90 along with
    the PayPal Payment including £10 for the Western Union Charges making
    £100 i have added to the payment i sent you. So be rest assure that
    you are not off pocket of any fund.
    I would have pay the agent via PayPal but they do not accept
    PayPal they only accept Western Union Money Transfer as there mode of
    payment. that is why i add their fee to the fund i sent you via
    PayPal.
    As at now i don’t have an access to my bank account as i am
    offshore, i would have made the bank transfer into your bank account.
    I have sent the whole amount to your PayPal account but still in
    pending until you send the £100 to the agent via Western Union Money
    Transfer and send the MTCN to the PayPal care for verification so as
    to release the money into your PayPal account balance.

Dont you receive an email from paypal regarding this transaction ?

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Regards”

just no…then got 3 quite convincing emails from paypal telling me what to do..went straight into spam box

piemonster

Oddly I sold Oil, just one batch but a fair bit of it (relative to me)

TheBrick
    Free Member

The company I work for sell to Nigeria. Apparently they ask the price, you say £x, they say make the invoice £2x and put w in this bank account, y in this bank account z in this bank account ….

So pay for something then payback money does seem to be normal.

nealglover
    Free Member

He he.

That’s funny.

So was it a serious question when you asked for what people thought 😉 ?

bencooper
    Free Member

So if you log into Paypal (not from any link he’s sent you obviously) is there money there?

Sounds very iffy.

whattyre
    Free Member

nope i get emails from paypal fairly often but theyre obviously straight
    this was one i got

You have received a PayPal Payment of £480.00 GBP from Billy Tun

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer’s account which includes the buyer’s shipper’s pick up fees.

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you to Kindly send the money online or go to any western union outlet near your area, and send the £90.00 GBP to the agent and get back to us with the MTCN for verification after that you will be informed that your account has been credited. The Transaction will appear in your PayPal account Overview after the Money Transfer Control Number have been verified. Click HERE to complete this Transaction.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

PICK-UP AGENT DETAILS:

Address:

* Ope Ara
    * 3, Obaleye Close.
    * Ibadan
    * Oyo State, 23402
    * Nigeria

Address Status:

Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. It should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as:
    Sender’s Name; Receiver’s Name; MTCN; Amount Sent;

——————————————————————————–

You may contact the PayPal Customer Verification Department and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction by clicking reply to this message.

tymbian
    Free Member

There were cases a few years back when people from abroad were buying cars and paying per bankers draft but the check was made out for more than the purchase price with the instruction for the seller to pay the shipping company who will come to collect the vehicle the freight costs…lets say £2000- 3000..
    So bankers draft paid in….sellers account credited…shippers collect vehicle and money….bankers draft gets sent to where it gets sent…low and behold the bankers draft is a v.good forgery…sellers account gets debited and seller is down his vehicle and his own £3000.

beej

Well, if you’re giving your paypal login details to a scammer via a dodgy link in an email, can I have them too?

whattyre
    Free Member

not done that yet! 😉

i think ill just put his email in a few gentlemans subscriptions tonite..wasnt there a website somewhere that would do it for you?

nealglover
    Free Member

beej

Oh go on…. and I can give you a Western Union account number too!

Where were you selling – on here?

tymbian
    Free Member

And on another note why would PayPal tell you to pay someone via Western Union ( which is by the way untraceable once collected )?

whattyre
    Free Member

ha no idea…i guess cos its very bent.ill report it to paypal tomorow.

dont buy owt off this chap
    Billy Tun <bill001@blumail.org

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

http://www.419eater.com/

wasnt there a website somewhere that would do it for you?

whattyre
    Free Member

cool…ill have a look see when i get in

troglodyte
    Free Member

Its so blatantly a scam that if you think otherwise you deserve to lose your money.

Tom-B
    Free Member

This is the exact way that my sisters ex got scammed a few years ago. He started the day with an iPod and a ‘payment’ of £100 for it. He finished the day with neither 😆

maccruiskeen

i think ill just put his email in a few gentlemans subscriptions tonite..wasnt there a website somewhere that would do it for you?

Honestly – don’t bother. Scammers scam because it works. You were a tender enough target to have to post on here about a scam thats as old as the internet- if you reply, even trying to be all clever about it, you are just adding detail about yourself to what was orginally just one of thousands of anonymous email addresses. If you engage, banter, tease, spam or try to somehow out scam the scammer you are revealing aspects of your personality. Now they’ve got your address and an idea of what you are like and how you behave. Thats gold dust – you can sell that info to someone who is clever enough to get one over on you now they know who you are.

whattyre
    Free Member

Ooh….exciting innit! I’d better be double double careful then…

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Just walk away, they’ve had years of practice.

whattyre
    Free Member

I’ve given him nowt…up until a few emails today about him paying I had no idea he was in Nigeria…just a random from eBay…I doubt he’s got anything that will cause me any future issues..

dazzlingboy

These guys have a hundred ways of making their emails look genuine and working the systems – they ain’t daft. Once you open a dialogue they will bombard you – as others say tread very carefully!

globalti
    Free Member

This email is written by a Nigerian, it is full of bad grammar and classic bits of Nigerian syntax:

You have received a PayPal Payment of £480.00 GBP from Billy Tun

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer’s account which includes the buyer’s shipper’s pick up fees.

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you to Kindly send the money online or go to any western union outlet near your area, and send the £90.00 GBP to the agent and get back to us with the MTCN for verification after that you will be informed that your account has been credited. The Transaction will appear in your PayPal account Overview after the Money Transfer Control Number have been verified. Click HERE to complete this Transaction.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

PICK-UP AGENT DETAILS:

Address:

* Ope Ara
    * 3, Obaleye Close.
    * Ibadan
    * Oyo State, 23402
    * Nigeria

Address Status:

Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. It should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as:
    Sender’s Name; Receiver’s Name; MTCN; Amount Sent;

If you think it’s genuine, you deserve to lose the lot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘has anyone sold anything to nigeria and its been kosher?’ is closed to new replies.