Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • has anyone ever snapped at their boss?
  • boblo
    Free Member

Glupton talking bowloks again shocker…. 😉

sparkyrhino

aged 15 on a Y.t.scheme working for a real tit of an owner,at the christmas party,posh hotel,he thought it was funny,spiking my drinks,I was on the same table as him and his family,someones was giving a speech,until i projectile vomited over him,his wife and daughter.the silence was deafening

glupton1976
    Free Member

What about partially blind/deaf/mobile – when do they become disabled? Is it when society doesnt make allowances to use what vision/hearing/mobility because it would get in the way of “normal” life. Impairments tend to be conditions – disabilities are the effects of those conditions. Disabilities change with situation.

scuzz
    Free Member

What about partially blind/deaf/mobile – when do they become disabled? Is it when society doesnt make allowances to use what vision/hearing/mobility because it would get in the way of “normal” life. Impairments tend to be conditions – disabilities are the effects of those conditions. Disabilities change with situation.

OK, Glupton, we all get your point. Now tell us a story about punching people or go away.

Rscott
    Free Member

I told mine to get out my f***ing way and start doing her job as i’m not payed to, I told her i frequently thought she was a usless bint and should either stay out my way or better yet go **** herself aomewhere she might be needed.

Fallout was me getting a bolloking from the Area manager, who ended up laughing and saying he knows exactly what i mean but to try and keep it to my self next time

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yep.
    50% of our team had recently been caught fiddling their figures. It was a team effort. Quite a big team effort.
    They should have been fired.
    About a week later I’m called in to get a rollicking for not reaching my figures. I told the boss there was no way I was going to take a kicking for not reaching my figures when he’d not the spine to do what he should have with the 6 cheats…

Many, many moons ago I used to work in a factory in Failsworth, Manchester. Manny (of stone roses fame) used to work on the shop floor. IIRC, he was sacked for punching his supervisor.

boblo
    Free Member

OK, Glupton, we all get your point. Now tell us a story about punching people or go away

Ooo oo, or what about the one about leaving people in your dust, that was a good un. Go on, tell it again 🙂

sam42
    Free Member

Glupton disabled people are disabled by society’s inability to accomadate their needs, be it wheelchair access, large print etc etc, not by whatever condition they have. Hence the term disabled being perfectly acceptable.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Well, there was this one day up at Innerleithen, must have been 4 years ago now. My and a mate of mine, onehundredthidiot off of here, were out for a ride on the singlespeeds, his bike was rigid, mine had toras on the front of it. We were sitting at the top by the trig pillar enjoying the sunny day. Anyway – these two folk on commencal meta 5.5s come up, wearing all the gear, including armour – now i’m not sure if they were wearing armour or stopped at the top to put it on – it doesnt matter. Onehundredthidiot looked at me, I looked at him and we both had the same idea – give them a minute or two and then go and make them eat dust. So we gave them a good couple of minutes before chasing off after them. We had passed them both by the time we got to the junction of the old and new sections after the southern upland way. We then trundled along the fire road to the top of plora craig section, they decided to go first almost pushing past us as if to say – we’re quicker than you so let us go first. So we gave them a couple of minutes and proceeded to catch them early on and pass them quickly, before stopping at the bottom of the last stone chute on that section. We then waited for 5 minutes until they passed us – not a word was said. So we trundle along to the top of caddon bank. This time we had a brief chat at the top, before one of the guys paid us a complement that we could fairly shift given the bikes we were on. The other guy said something along the lines of “yes – light bikes so they’ll descend quickly” We then tore off down caddon bank and despite them definitely setting off down caddon bank, they never appeared at the car park in the time we were there.

That the story you were after? 😀

sam42 – did you read my posts?

flip
    Free Member

I shout at myself quite regularly, I’ve never sacked myself, yet.

+1

I’m really hard on myself, i have a jolly good word in the mirror once a week.

boblo
    Free Member

Aaahh, that’s the one. Now the one about punching the bloke who bumped into your little lad. Go on, you know you want to 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

There was no story about punching anyone. There was a factual account of me deflecting someone who was running to grab my son after the wee fella had fallen over at edinburgh zoo. My then 2yr old boy fell over – stranger starts running to pick him up which would have blocked me from picking my son up, so I stepped between the stranger and my son af the guy bounced off me and fell over. It’s not that exciting that story though.

boblo
    Free Member

Sorry, I obviously wasn’t paying attention that day. I can’t recall anymore of your stories now so I’ll leave you alone to argue about how ‘differently functioning’ people should be described 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Several years ago I had a stand up row with my one-time boss. He’s one of the country’s most respected corporate lawyers.

Well, I say “stand up row”. Given he’s only 5’3″, he stood up but I remained seated. 😉

thv3
    Free Member

I recently had a boss who liked to throw his weight around a bit but I had never had any problems with him personally. One day he basically tasked me with some hair brained scheme which I told him was a waste of time.
    Funnily enough, it turned out to be a waste of time.
    The next day he pulled me aside, accused me of insubordination and being lazy etc, then threatened to “take it outside” if it ever happened again.
    In silence I walked over and pressed the lift button while taking my jacket off and rolling up my sleeves.
    He paled a bit and refused to get in the lift with me.
    Funny, he’s not said boo to me since 😈
    (but I am glad he never followed too!)

grum
    Free Member

There’s either a lot of incredibly angry people on here, or a lot of liars.

trail_rat
    Free Member

or we work with idiots ….

mines was because the fella in question thought when he was drunk it was a good idea to try and rip the pockets off our trousers ….

he managed with one of the lads , we all thought it was a laugh haha – carry on.

later on in the night he tried it with me , unfortunantly for him I wear trousers that are held together with more than duck spit and toilet paper. so he decided to try and debreek me in this busy bar – i was wearing a belt and keep my trousers on my hips.

so having no success and with me repeatedly telling him to back off and leave my trousers alone – with him getting angrier and angrier ( we were all drunk) i then punched him in the nuts.

then once he stopped recoiling we shook hands and agreed that if it happened again there would be trouble, he stopped being an arse after that.

bencooper
    Free Member

There’s either a lot of incredibly angry people on here, or a lot of liars.

I’ve stabbed my boss with a screwdriver, set fire to his hair, dropped heavy things on his foot, and zapped him with various voltages.

It’s fun working for myself 😉

mightymule
    Free Member

I once told my (ex) boss that it would have been nice if she had at least bought me something to eat, as ideally I like to be wined and dined before I get ****ed.

It wasn’t well received.

robdixon
    Free Member

almost – I worked for a manager for 6 months who the whole team round the bend with his tantrums and bi-polar like decision making process.

We delivered carefully planned payback on a team night out that resulted in him being woken up by the cleaner at 11:55 the following morning to find himself lying naked in a lake of his own vomit on the bathroom floor of a hotel room. He made the mistake of sharing this fact with someone else he’d screwed over earlier in their career and fortunately for us they were very happy to broadcast the fact to all and sundry.

thegman67

Every office should have a Terry Taite office linebacker.

footflaps

I lost it with a customer once, in Ghana. He was giving me loads of abuse and being totally unreasonable in a meeting and I just flipped and started hurling abuse / expletives at him. Oddly enough we got on much better after that.

xcgb
    Free Member

Every office should have a Terry Taite office linebacker.

LOL I had forgotten about this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=17jplpjCaec[/video]

stevomcd
    Free Member

Back in my old life (railway engineering) I’d had to work night-shift at a site at the other end of the country over the weekend, meaning hours and hours of driving and very little sleep all weekend. On the Monday morning, I allowed myself a 10:30 start.

When I got into the office, my boss informed me that HE had also done a night shift at the weekend and that HE had been in the office since 8.

I asked him if he wanted a gold star. Seemed to end the matter – in fact, we got on better after that!

rocketman
    Free Member

When our old company went bust the Top Guns (including me for some reason :-)) convened in a nearby pub to decide how we could carry on doing the same thing with 10x fewer employees

The discussion was fairly heated as you can imagine and one of my ex-colleagues accused our ex-boss of raping the company

It was water off a duck’s back though the boss had the attention span of a goldfish

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I told my ex boss he was ‘p-ing’ me off totally in front of his entire leadership team. He got booted out of the company the following day.

Then told his boss he was a ‘banker’ in front of other colleagues. He fell about laughing and then demoted me 🙂

Some you win, some you lose.

Best fun was telling the owner of a software house he was a lazy, useless tosser that was dragging his company down. As he was trying to get a huge contract from us at the time he wasn’t best placed to argue…

Sadly I had a reputation for gobbing off at people. Eventually (after the banker incident above) HR put me on a coaching course where I learnt to be rude to people without using offensive langauge 😉

spawnofyorkshire

update: things have escalated to involve the director and i’m a hair trigger off raising an official grievance. No raised voices (or turkeys) required so far as it turns out I’m remarkably restrained for an STW user!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘has anyone ever snapped at their boss?’ is closed to new replies.