Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • has anyone ever snapped at their boss?
  • spawnofyorkshire

Mine is a proper tool and just nearly caused me to snap and unleash a torrent of abuse at him. Thankfully a colleague spotted I was about to blow and marched me out the office to calm down.

Has anyone every erupted and lived to tell the tale? Points for amusing outcomes

wwaswas

has anyone ever snapped at their boss?

I tried to tell my wife she was wrong once.

There was no amusing outcome.

jota180
    Free Member

Many times, I’ve even had a few toe to toe screaming arguments with him

I’m more mellow these days and so is he 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, I’m not saying who

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive punched an old boss of mine in the nuts once ……

We were both very drunk in a bar in alkmaar.

oddly after that he seemed to have alot more respect for me …..

wwaswas

ive punched an old boss of mine in the nuts once ……

oddly after that he seemed to have alot more respect for me

I bet he’s employed taller people since then, too.

br
    Free Member

No, but I left one drunk and asleep in a hotel bar once, in Belgium…

According to the barman; he woke up, swore and left the hotel.

Funny that as it was our hotel bar we’d come back to. 😀

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I punched an old boss back when I was a teenager. I was working at HMV part time whilst at University. I’d misplaced a book of vouchers and he told me I was an idiot, an imbecile etc which angered me but then his final blow was to point out that in a job that requires an IQ of anything above 60 to be successful I had managed to fall short of the mark.

So, I just punched him in the face and walked out.

ononeorange

Yes, in a moment of high stress. I tend to unleash where he tended to hold it in. One day he was (unusually) really arsey and irritable with me and I just let fly at him. Soon calmed down and we got on even better afterwards. He’s since retired but has been brilliant at helping me out at queries etc since, beyond the call of duty. An excellent (ex-) boss.

bigblackshed

Yes, frequently. The last time after a production meeting he openly gave the team leaders some “constructive criticism” his words. Reality was “that meeting was utter s***, improvements will be made tomorrow”

He left, I then called him back to my office and in front of the other team leaders told him he was a guest at my production meeting and if he wanted to behave like a c*** then to f*** off and not come back. Didn’t show his face the day after. Been quiet as a mouse since.

I have a reputation as a straight talker. Nothing gets sugar coated. But I’m honest and respectful if others behave in the same way.

anagallis_arvensis

I told an old boss “if he spoke like that to me again I’d break his **** legs” luckily i had alreadt handed in my notice!

jackthedog
    Free Member

I got so fed up of the general idiocy on display by the team I once worked amongst, that during a big strategy meeting with the entire branch plus the national manager, when asked if I had anything to add I demanded that everyone in the company ‘please just f*** off’. Everyone laughed, until I stood by my request and asked the receptionist to officially add it to the minutes.

noteeth
    Free Member

Though being of very lowly rank myself, I once shouted at the deputy-chief nurse of a large NHS Trust.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Yep, had a couple of me shouting and him listening sessions when he tried to bully me. He’s much better now.

RealMan
    Free Member

Recently got told I should stop treating the disabled people I work with like normal people and start treating them like kids. I’m not one to lose it very often, so have taken nearly a week to think it over and decide how to respond. Not entirely sure how it’s going to go, but doubt it will be amusing.

willard

Yes, well, with my previous boss. Had a discussion on the phone (he is American) which turned into a disagreement, following which I found out how strong Avaya phones were when I slammed the handset down hard enough to bounce the thing off my desk accompanied by a shout of the C-bomb.

He is no longer my boss. I still work at the company.

russ295
    Free Member

Was at a Christmas party and a colleague knocked out the boss/owner with a turkey!
    That was quite a shocker!

leffeboy

…I just let fly at him. Soon calmed down and we got on even better afterwards

Got into a shouting match with my boss once and we had loads more respect for each other afterwards. Don’t know how that works

bikebouy
    Free Member

I shout at myself quite regularly, I’ve never sacked myself, yet.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Argued, vociferously at times, but not snapped.

honeybadgerx

Once. Walked into the office ten minutes late one morning to be told by the chief engineer that I should have been at my desk at nine. Proceeded to explain in a not so calm manner that given that I was at my desk at seven the previous morning and didn’t leave it until eight in the evening I could probably be let off with the ten minutes. That man had absolutely no people skills (and this is coming from another engineer!).

pingu66
    Free Member

Yes when I was younger, I was being stitched up to cover his incompetence. Going through the disciplinary procedure I had my notice in my pocket so let him have both barrels and told him what a lying low life scum bag he really was. then left.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not snapped exactly, but last 2 jobs have involved working for well-known difficult people, causing me to be depressed. I raised this in both situations and ended up leaving both.

Latest job, boss is another tool, I’ve told him I’m not happy there and why, he doesn’t care (despite saying he wanted to talk things over and for everyone to be happy), but keeps saying he’ll run out of work for me in a couple of months, thinkg is he CBA even managing his own business.

So, if you want to keep your job, don’t.

EDIT I’ve not had a decent boss for 9 years. HELP!

project
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    Recently got told I should stop treating the disabled people I work with like normal people and start treating them like kids. I’m not one to lose it very often, so have taken nearly a week to think it over and decide how to respond. Not entirely sure how it’s going to go, but doubt it will be amusing.

Having worked with both highly intelligent disabled and mentally ill patients and seriously childish and mentally deranged staff, just treat the ones who told you off like children, perhaps by asking the person next to them do they want sugar in their tea, have they been to the toilet, etc etc, all things that used to get asked of staff looking after disabled people, they usually got put right quite quickly.

singletracked
    Free Member

Nope, never. I’m all grown up and can control my temper tantrums

spawnofyorkshire

@realman
    That is unbelievably small minded of the person who said that. Please make sure they don’t get away with it.

I’ve an incredibly high tolerance level of asshats but I can’t abide bullies and he was being incredibly rude and condescending to someone and was laughing when he nearly made them cry!
    He’s tried and failed to bully me and doesn’t dare confront me, but I can’t manage to stop him doing it to other people.
    I’m already looking for something else

RealMan
    Free Member

That is unbelievably small minded of the person who said that. Please make sure they don’t get away with it.

What makes it worse is that the person who said it is the parent of one of the disabled people being referred to. I argued with them when they said it (and other things), but I was absolutely starving and very distracted at the time, and I think quite taken back by what they had said, wasn’t until I got home until I had a sort of double take and thought “WTF?”.

Sancho
    Free Member

told mine she was a f@cking c@nt last week for dropping me in the sh1t with directors, she took it quite well, though the rest of our lunch was quite quiet.

slowmart
    Free Member

I must be doing something right then as no-one has let rip at me yet in 6 plus years 🙂

But then if you treat people with respect it’s reciprocated.

Northwind

I don’t really snap, but apparently I “went a bit scary” one time back when I was working in branches. Not only stopped my boss from being a dick to me, but to the whole office. For a while at least. I don’t really know what I did tbh but I remember saying things like “the next thing you say will have consequences” and afterwards not being able to breathe properly 😳 never raised my voice above a whisper apparently.

brakes
    Free Member

I work in a very political department where there is never so much as a raised voice – everything is considered, measured and calm.
    People don’t really have ‘bosses’ as such, you have someone who is responsible for your development but everyone strictly speaking reports to the big boss man who you hardly ever interact with unless you’re a level below him.
    There is basically a veil of political niceness and a slight underlying fear combined with the fact that there’s no-one to raise your voice to, (apart from IT support and the printer) that mean arguing is futile.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Completely lost it at a team meeting, ripped into the company, threatened the manager and fair few of his lackeys too. Calmed down slightly then came back for the second round, shortest meeting ever

Suspended and ended up with final written warning, slightly mitigated by the steroid induced rage (very high dose of 60mg a day to break up a severe cluster headache bout)

glupton1976
    Free Member

Realman – stop calliing them disabled people, start calling them people. There are no disabled people, there are just people. There might be people who for one reason or another are unable to do certain things, but then again we are all unable to do certain things.

RealMan
    Free Member

I think the fact that they are disabled is pretty integral to the problem I’m having, and it’s also integral to the job I do. I think you’re also verging on the edge of being too politically correct. Sure, they’re people, but they’re also people who are disabled (by a reasonable definition of the word). Hence they’re disabled people.

atlaz
    Free Member

At least once a week. No fallout (yet)

dannyh
    Free Member

Recently I’ve been very close on a number of occasions, but in all fairness we are both under loads of pressure at the moment, so I can see why she is not always 100% polite.

I have been becoming something of a grumpy, miserable bastard of late, though – so perhaps it’s time to just pretend I’m happy about all of my working life slipping away whilst ‘fighting fires’ and letting other people do all the ‘projecty’ attention-grabbing stuff. Grrrrrrr!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Why not think of them as having whichever condition it is, or be more specific with their impairment.

Is a blind person disabled or blind? Deaf – disabled? Someone with a mobility impairment – disabled? Aspergers – disabled?

Calling them disabled is daft.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Why not think of them as having whichever condition it is, or be more specific with their impairment.

Is a blind person disabled or blind? Deaf – disabled? Someone with a mobility impairment – disabled? Aspergers – disabled?

Calling them disabled is daft.

Ever think of becoming a spin doctor?

David Cameron called, he want’s you as a political adviser to the disability benefits program.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes to the first 3, but I think Aspergers is more of a disorder then a disability, but I’m not a medical dictionary, so not sure.

I’m pretty sure they’d all disagree with you too, they know they’re disabled. Ignoring it doesn’t change anything, it just confuses issues unnecessarily. Would you rather disabled car park spaces be called something else?

somafunk

I used to work in a bar, well i’ve worked in a fair few bars over the past 20 years but this one bar in particular (certain well known pre-club bar in the centre of Glasgow) was ran by a smarmy little git of a coke head who would never say boo to anyone unless he was coked up. One sat afternoon he started making comments regarding the new member of bar staff who happened to be female, young (18), and with a rather well developed upper torso. It started off with the usual sly comments but as the afternoon dragged on he got more and more coked up till he started to make comments everytime he walked past her till she eventually ran down to the cellar crying,i blew my top (as i knew the girls older sister well) and smacked him hard with a full punch and knocked him backwards into the optic stand on the back bar sending 8 full bottles crashing to the floor and knocking him out for a good few seconds in front of a very stunned and silent crowd in the bar, i grabbed his rather large baggie of coke from his shirt pocket, grabbed the one unbroken bottle of Stolichnya on the floor and we (myself and the girl along with a good few mates) spent the rest of the afternoon and night getting totally shit-faced at Harri n’ Dominic’s night at the Sub-Club in Glasgow. One of the best nights i’ve ever had surprisingly enough :D, it still gets talked about to this day amongst us.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘has anyone ever snapped at their boss?’ is closed to new replies.