Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • hardtall or full sus
  • ben10
    Free Member

What do you think hard tail or full sus for xc and playing in trail centers

trailmonkey

i think brant is building a fat bike.

so one of them.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

XC racing or just riding across country?

riding across country and trail centres are two different things in my experience, how much do you want to spend?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

When you say playing at trail centres what do you mean, do you mean riding way marked trails, or riding specially built jumps, drops etc?

neninja
    Free Member

I went from carbon hardtail to Full sus.

FS for me all the way now.

I bought another hardtail earlier in the year and couldn’t get on with it as I’m now so used to riding FS and sold it. Found it harder to find grip and frankly bone shaking and more tiring on a long ride. I like to be cosseted now.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Hardtail its the best of both worlds.

You can get alot of bike for your money too.

popcorn anyone.

donsimon
    Free Member

HT.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Both 😉 HT is great for most things but after a while tech trails centres get a bit bangy for me?

ben10
    Free Member

I run a old leftty at the min with 4″ of travle and was thinking about going hard tail with 130/160 forks not got a lot of cash at the min so was thinking about stripng my leftty for most of the parts then selling the rest

z1ppy

Both are fun, but I prefer full-sussers, I’d suggest getting a demo & deciding for yourself. Most trail centre have hire bikes, HT & FS.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If your just doing XC and trail centre way marked trails you dont need 160 travel forks

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I prefer my hardtail at short trail centres with decent surfacing and my full sus on natural terrain / lumpier trail centres / longer rides.

When it comes to drops/jumps etc. at a trail centre – if you cant do them on a hardtail, you’d probably be just as likely to break yourself / the bike on a sub 150mm FS

GW
    Free Member

Ben 10 is a gadget boy so def full sus but with a CCDB shock, Black box push/poploc fork, hopey steering damper, remote seatpost, tubeless wheelset, electronic shifting and an 11 speed drivetrain.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Either, both are fun in entirely different ways, although for a trail center I’d say hardtail, FS works better on propper bumpy decents (IMO).

Hardtails make riding harder, punishing mistakes, need to be carefull about line choice, etc.

FS makes the bumpy stuff slightly easier, but the challange comes from maintinaing the extra speed/cornering/picking lines etc at a much greater pace.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dunno which do you prefer?
    I would get one of each as i would miss riding both..oh and a SS obviously

Suggsey
    Free Member

Long travel forked HT for worry free fun in the mud and full suss for the creaky old bones and lazy line riding (and 160mm of travel for full bore fun pointing down the trail).

sanjose
    Free Member

If you can afford a decent FS then why not but, if not, then a HT will more than suffice for Trail Centres.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I got both, I like both but can prat around more on my FS

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘hardtall or full sus’ is closed to new replies.