Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hardtail for around the 1k-1.5k mark
  • badnewz
    Free Member

Decided I'm overbiked with my full suss for the local trails and looking for a swish hardtail, around the 1-1.5k mark.
    At the moment looking at Whyte and Cove.
    Recommendations?

wwaswas

Halfords have Ti Voodoos with £300 off online this weekend.

here

looks like a lot of bike for under £1300

NikNak7890
    Free Member

How about this:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO456TR/456-trail

An amazing bargain!

lyons
    Free Member

that voodoo sounds bargaintastic

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Soul…

Mister-P
    Free Member

What Mountain Bike did a 850 to 1300 quid hardtail shoot out this month. See the results HERE

IvanDobski
    Free Member

6 minutes between a question about a hardtail and the "Jesus bike" getting described as fantastic value, unbeatable for the money & a cure for the worlds ills…

You fanboys are slipping.

traildog
    Free Member

What do you want to do with the bike? What aspect do you like in a bike?

Can you wait till the end of year sell off? If so, I'd get a Cannondale Flash as I thought this was awesome when I had a test ride. This might get dropped down to 1.5k in a sale, maybe…? If you already have a bike can you not by a frame and move the bits?

badnewz
    Free Member

Cheers all, that has given me some good ideas to follow. Some real bargains out there for badnewz to peruze.

Xan
    Free Member

Boardman pro??

I bought one 3 weeks ago and love it. Spec list is great for £1k. Pity about the saddle but Ouch!!!!

*EDIT* If you live near Glentress have a look at the Orange Evo 8 hardtail they are selling. Ex GT race team, XT groupset, Hope pro II/Mavic wheels, c.22lbs for £900.

Rickos
    Free Member

I've got a Genesis Alpitude (please note, there is only 1 T in Alpitude!) and it's very good, but those Commencal Ramones look good fun too.

stu1972
    Free Member

Cove Handjob XC all the way. Merlin do them built up for just over a grand. The hype is true, a pleasure to ride.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/custom-mountain-bikes/cove-mountain-bikes/cove-handjob-custom-bike.html

I was in the same situation, had a Giant full susser which was OK but wanted the challenge of a hardtail to improve my skills. I only wish i'd changed sooner!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail for around the 1k-1.5k mark’ is closed to new replies.