Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Hardknott and Wrynose Pass
  • mk1fan
    Free Member

The worse thing is you’l be in Cumbria. The place is fine, it’s the people that are the problem.

And HK smarts a bit. What you need is a fixie.

njee20
    Free Member

went up it without realising I wasn’t in lowest gear

I’d hope not on the MTB, there shouldn’t be a road climb that necessetates the use of your lowest gear!

As has been observed road gearing is far far far taller than an MTB. Big/big on the MTB (assuming 44/34) is easier than a compact with an 11-25. Go back and do it in the big ring, that’s more of an achievement, and still easier than many road bikes!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Had a shottie at it a couple of months ago. I had no luggage and used a light mtb with slicks. Visibility was nil. I was disappointed to find a cairn beside the road and realised I was at the top. I’m just a commuter and not that fit. Biggest problem was keeping the front wheel down. I found Corgarff in the highlands harder (but my gears were higher then). Loved going down the other side and Wrynose is quite a bit easier, went up it without realising I wasn’t in lowest gear.

Awesome effort. Even I had to use the lowest gear when I drove up it in my car!

531onthebrain
    Free Member

Go back and do it in the big ring, that’s more of an achievement, and still easier than many road bikes!

Fair point 🙂 If I can reduce the gut by 20lbs I might do that… But I like pies too much!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Hardknott and Wrynose Pass’ is closed to new replies.