Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Hangover cures
  • emsz
    Free Member

I’m barely living proof that cider and tequila do not make happy bedfellows. I need sure fire cures.

Back in a minute imma gonna be sick

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

More alcohol if you can hack it.

Or crisps, coke and mars bars until you are even more sick.

jon1973
    Free Member

Drink plenty of water before you go to bed. A lot of hangovers are caused by dehydration.

chvck
    Free Member

Drink a load of recovery/energy drink and have a bacon sandwich in a couple of hours. If symptoms persist MTFU.

Wookster

2 bacon and egg sarnies coffee gatorade pref blue and MTFU!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Normally just curl up in the foetal position and wait till the next day 😉

…..strangely though i never get hangovers with headaches etc. My stomach just gets turned and I struggle to eat anything the next day. Whereas everyone else I know nails a fry-up, or similar, to sort themselves out.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Irn Bru. Lots of Irn Bru.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Drink plenty of water before you go to bed.

But that never happens does it – you get so wasted you think you are sober and anyway you can’t be arsed – you just want to crash.

At least that’s how it works with me.

hp_source

bike ride/walk in the fresh air, usually does it for me… once did a mountain bike marathon hungover, all I could taste for the duration was chicken tikka naan :(… I felt fine by the end though.

chvck
    Free Member

But that never happens does it – you get so wasted you think you are sober and anyway you can’t be arsed – you just want to crash.

It’s also a vicious circle..if you drink too much water then you’ll be needing to get up for a wee in the morning when you want to prolong getting out of bed if you have a proper hangover!

emsz
    Free Member

I’m going with shallow breathing and moaning a lot. I need to write an essay and right now lol catz is beyond my intellect.

chvck
    Free Member

Shove some valium up your arsehole?

Coyote
    Free Member

Sure fire fix? OK.

Go the local health club or nearest equivalent.

Sit in sauna until you are sweating like Peter Andre on Mastermind. Now get to the pool as fast as you can, jump / dive in and do a couple of lengths. Out of pool and back to sauna. Repeat a few times. Guarenteed fix.

Jamie
    Free Member

Guarenteed fix.

Yup. Death will sort you right out 8)

Coyote
    Free Member

You will feel no more pain…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sounds like my hangovers are similar to Jamie’s.

Before I discovered the magical properties of Irn-Bru my hangover remedy was as follows.

Drink water, get sweats, be sick, go back to bed for a couple of hours.
    Get up.
    Drink water, hold it down for 10mins so eat something, get sweats, be sick go back to bed for a couple of hours.
    Get up.
    Drink water, hold it down for 10mins so eat something, hold that down for 10 mins so smoke something, get sweats, be sick go back to bed for a couple of hours.

Finally get up at about 5ish and actually be able to hold some fluids and food down.

Cougar

Water to combat the dehydration, to sort your head.

Something absorbent for your stomach, I’d suggest pie and chips. (-:

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

My dietician friend recommends citrus sugars. Lots of citrus stuff, fruit juice and stuff does the trick for me. Om nom nom.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Grab a pint glass, pour a can of Coke, add extra sugar, squeeze at least half a lemon into it, stir and down it in one go. DO NOT VOMIT!
    Or, before the next time, pop into a Polish shop and buy 2KC (Polish medicine). It works, I know 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Does what it’s supposed to.

scaredypants

big bloody mary – not too much alcohol, but a bit

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Vomit followed by one of these.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

irn bru and a packet of wotsits have sorted me out since I lived up in Scotland aged 19!

emsz
    Free Member

banana and some water so far…. It’s staying down apparenty being hungover is the least of my worries

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Isotonic fluids & pain releif – paracetamol to avoid more gastric irritation.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Really greasy food with very sugary tea almost too sugary and then go for a ride. You need as much adrenalin as possible so go for a spot of DH if you can. A bonus is it wont hurt if you fall off because of the booze still in your system.

Gunz
    Free Member

I tend to use Dioralyte, as far as I can see the effects of a hangover pretty much replicate those of D and V. Does the trick for me.
    You know in your heart of hearts thought that the only sure cure is a bike ride to the local for a few lunch time pints.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Or, actually, a pint of tequila mixed with cider. You’ll be fine.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I stopped drinking cos my hangovers lasted about 3 days

day 1 was like hell, followed by being unable to sleep

day 2 less like hell, but knackered due to no sleep. Disturbed sleep

day 3 general feeling of rankness and remorse

as per the recent drugs debate, not many kicks have a come down that last for 3 days unless u are seriously getting off smack or something

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Full Scottish Breakfast
    Contents
    2 Paracetamol, 1 bottle Irn Bru

trailertrash

If people regularly chose to make themselves this ill by any other method they would be certified insane and locked up.

I am of the Papa Lazarou persuasion, just not worth it.

iDave
    Free Member

I don’t seem to get hangovers. Half a bottle of Jura last night, absolutely fine this morning. It’s a precious gift.

highclimber
    Free Member

a bit of exercise after suitable hydration – isotonic dilutions such as SIS

spacemonkey

2 soluble Solpadeine before bed, or at the very least during the middle of the night, preferably a good 2-3 hours before you need to wake up.

Similar to Resolve but loads cheaper.

IME it cures pretty much every half-decent hangover and takes the edge off the worst ones (with the exception of those where you genuinely think you should be dead – haven’t found anything to cure those yet).

Jamie
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    I don’t seem to get hangovers. Half a bottle of Jura last night, absolutely fine this morning. It’s a precious gift.

Either that or your:

a) A highly functioning alcoholic

b) Still pissed.

Coyote
    Free Member

I stopped drinking cos my hangovers lasted about 3 days

day 1 was like hell, followed by being unable to sleep

day 2 less like hell, but knackered due to no sleep. Disturbed sleep

day 3 general feeling of rankness and remorse

Girl.

spacemonkey

T’is indeed a gift, albeit not always a good one. I too can often put away a fair few pints or several whiskies, and feel pretty damn fine the following day. I keep telling myself it’s a constitution thing built upon years of practice, as opposed to some kind of alcoholic inter-dependency.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve just seen myself singing along to Bon Jovi in the pub last night on my mates mobile. I have no recollection of this this shit. My shame is complete.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – we can’t help you with how to cure a moral hangover, just the physical one.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Hangover cures’ is closed to new replies.