Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Halo Tundra v On One Fatty wheels
  • ian-r

I have bought a set of Halo Tundras to replace my Fatty wheel set as I have had problems seating tyres even after OO replaced the rims for me.
    I have unpacked the Tundras and the rim profile looks identical!
    Any Tundra owners out there who can let me know if the rims are OK in relation to seating and keeping the tyres on?

dovebiker

O-O rims are notoriously bad for wrecking tyres/working tubless – you’ll likely have more success with Tundra but might have to find out what tyre combos work better. Ghetto tubeless(split tube) is always a fall back

cooie

I had some Tundras and OO Floaters and got them to seat easily.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There are tricks to getting them to seat, i found adding electtical tape to the rim ao that there wasnt a sidden jump to the vead seat helped, which also made tubeless easier, and running tubeless wliminated the problem.as there’s no longer a tube holding the tyre in the center of the rim.

itstig

My son has one of each on his bike, from memory the tundra needed more effort to get it to seal (compressor,lighter gas, fire!).They’ve been up for ages now so must be worth the initial effort.

ian-r

Just thought I would try the front wheel in the fork and the disk fouls the caliper mount so not a good start.

Northwind

Have you got the right front spacing? Fatty has a rear disc spacing front I think

lightman
    Free Member

^ Yep!

ian-r

Oh bother. Thanks for the info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Halo Tundra v On One Fatty wheels’ is closed to new replies.