• This topic has 39 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • half mainstream half niche, show your 69ers
  • rOcKeTdOg

the forgotten niche, maybe even more freaky than a full 29er

i give you probably the ugliest thing you’ve seen today

ugly bike by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

lets see yours

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Bringing that up the Alps tomorrow?

tazzymtb

the only horrible thing about that is the ginormomassive pedals. Do you have feet like sideshow bob?

rOcKeTdOg

for Tazzy’s foot fetish, feet in situ

the ugly bike ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Not a Chance Boz, was hard enough keeping up with myself today let alone you young bucks!

Dancake
    Free Member

go on then

didnt have it long. It was ace and crap at the same time
    Meta 69er with coil shock..oh by Dancake2010, on Flickr

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Fair enough, i suppose SS would be hard work on the local alpine terrain…

ratherbeintobago

This was just wrong:

Not least for the Trek advertising slogan “the inverse mullet – party in the front, all business in the back”.

Having said which, I have thoughts of building a rigid 69er as I bet it would make a good winter hack.

Andy

rOcKeTdOg

i kinda like mine 😉

69er by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

HermanShake
    Free Member

Anyone done a 49er?

rOcKeTdOg

46er?

ratherbeintobago

Anyone done a 49er?

GIYF:

Andy

will
    Free Member

I do like the look of the trek!

bigsi
    Free Member

Rocketdog i want your Maverick forks ! 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Rocketdog – Singular forks there?

I’m tempted to try the hummingbird in 69er mode but want a cheap wheel to see if I hate it.

paul4stones

Ha ha. My unintended one 🙂

On holiday

flashes
    Free Member

actually if I ever saw one of those Treks for sale, I would, just looks good to me………..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

good lord

rOcKeTdOg

atlaz – Member
    Rocketdog – Singular forks there?

singular hummingbird forks, shorter than the swift ones

ChunkyMTB – Member
    good lord

is it the beard?

letmetalktomark

And sort of:

rOcKeTdOg

That is cool

Bez

the only horrible thing about that is the ginormomassive pedals

Bloody hell, did you lose your eyes in some sort of accident? If you dismantled the bike then each bit would be ok, but none of them go together. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the spokes are DTs and the other half are Sapims. He’s probably dismantled his bearings and put Finish Line grease in one side and Shimano grease in the other; fitted one grip with WD-40 and the other with hairspray. The man should be locked up, or at least banned from Flickr. I might click through and hit the “report abuse” button.

CheesybeanZ

MrsB`s little 4569er 8)

soma_rich
    Free Member

4569er#2

ajr
    Free Member

]null[/url]2012 Ventana El Chuco.

Ming
    Free Member

Hi Rocketdog,

How does the Wanga handle with your 69er set up? I have the same frame and was thinking about doing this.

Cheers,
    Mark.

rOcKeTdOg

Ming, it works very well with the shorter forks, not so well with 29er sus forks

fontmoss
    Free Member

Trek 69er is an ace fun bike, not convinced better than a good 29er but loved them all the same*

*but only in rootbeer, the other paintjob and proper forks set up was just wrong

bri-72

a recent build quite liking the penny farthing

rOcKeTdOg

ooh that carver looks fab!

will
    Free Member

Agree with RD that looks nice.

How about some of these. Please note they are not mine…

Sam

Gary, there I was thinking you were a man of taste. You know I could do you a screaming deal on a Lg Hummingbird?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I run a 69er 2005 Jekyll which works surprisingly well as the geometry can be adjusted to compensate for the front wheel and a Lefty Max is an easy conversion

no pics, sorry

Ming
    Free Member

Thanks RD, was thinking of running it rigid anyway. Out of interest what is the axel to crown length of the hummingbird forks?

Cheers,
    Mark.

Sam

Out of interest what is the axel to crown length of the hummingbird forks?

445mm with 55mm offset.

Ming
    Free Member

Thanks Sam.

Tasso
    Free Member

The old trusty Robin Mather 26″ Singlespeed 69er conversion

The latest addition – what to do with it?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Do a short test ride with drops and a sus fork, I tried it went down a curb outside my house with hands on the drops,

Rigids where back on in 10 mins.

Tasso
    Free Member

Was just trying for reach really to see what it was like. Been stuck at home following a car crash nursing a few injuries and got bored, as you do. Even that CX wheel and tyre only just clears the Magura fork brace so not really rideable but it has a similar axle to crown as the correct 29er rigid fork.

I was intending to use those Midge bars on an off road capable singlespeed for some winter commute fun along flatish bridleways etc. The sus forks and 26″ wheel may go back on the Mather and I’ll put the rigids off it on the Carver but I do like the Mather set up as above so potentially get some longer correct length Carbon Composites forks if I raid the piggy bank.

Supposed to be a parts bin special though.

rOcKeTdOg

A few additions

Wanga 69er by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Btw my mate took Sam up on the ‘bird offer, so another will hit the dirt soon

will
    Free Member

I really have been wanting a 29er for a while, but for many reasons i’m just not going to able to get one.

Found the 69er section on MTBR and loved some of the examples. Picked a wheel up for £30 and a new tyre and I was away.

Really am impressed. I have done two rides so far, one in the Peak District and one aroudn Sherwood Pines. It is alot faster fact. Easier to get over rocks etc… and is great. Only thing on really slow tight singletrack it is a little slow, but to be honest not that bad.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘half mainstream half niche, show your 69ers’ is closed to new replies.