Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Haglof shoes – any good?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My Merrel “approach” shoes (Gore-tex Intercepts) are dying rapidly – look shabby, heels have collapsed so I get spiked by the heel “cup”. Anyway it’ll be the last pair of Merrels I get – given them many chances, now giving up.

Really like the look of Haglofs shoes – sort of climbing/walking style. Anyone got any?

This would be for general walking (not full on hiking – got boots for that) but also wearable around town/in the park.

These are the shoes:

Quite like some of Meindl’s shoes too…

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

haglofs are very good mate, definately stay away from merrels – theyve gone down hill in a big way in the last few years.

recently tried on some haglofs shoes similar to those and the solid light boots, both dead comfy and really good build quality. just happened to get an excellent bargain on some salomon quest 4d’s otherwise id have had the solid lights.

basically – i dont think you can go wrong with haglofs….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ideal – thanks! Think I’ll get some later today.

billysan
    Free Member

Haglofs kit rules, it is not cheap though. I ve no experience of their shoes, but I have one of their jackets that has way outlasted a northface one I also had.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

They’re Swedish too I think? My bro in law and family live nr Stockholm so there’s a random “connection.” I like random connections!

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I’m in a similar position, the sole on my Scarpa Quests have had it, though the rest of the shoe is still fine 😕

Am gutted that the soles have gone, as they’re supremely comfortable, look ace, and are great for riding.

Have been looking around for some replacements that will last a little longer and I quite like the look of the Scarpas. There’s also the Quests which are similar but not as waterproof?

Would be interested to hear how you get on with them…

duntstick
    Free Member
    Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Db – they have some sort of “oven mouldable” sole apparently. Wierd but could be comfy!

tang
    Free Member

5-10 approach shoes top my list atm, the sole is fantastic.

tang
    Free Member

double post

BadlyWiredDog

I’m wearing a pair of those Haglöfs shoes at the moment. They’re solidly built and a little clumpy rather than being light and flexible and sort of medium/high volume. Not super cushioned or super grippy but comfortable on my feet and reasonably robust. I kind of wear them as knock about, everyday shoes that I can do the occasional gentle walk in as well and they seem to work pretty well for that.

They come with a set of Sole footbeds, which you can customise to your foot shape using a domestic oven in about five minutes. It took me a bit over a year of every day use to kill my first pair – midsole came away in the end – but I think most similar shoes would have done the same.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Well I just bought some – bit of a scary price but they are lovely!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Haglof shoes – any good?’ is closed to new replies.