Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Guitar Hero/Rock Band – XBOX
  • samuri
    Free Member

So my son wants this (Rock band) for christmas. Reading all the reviews it seems that Rock Band is a bit of a rip off since the band in a box doesn't come with the software and then there's a fair bit of disucssion about the quality of the instruments. Lots of people on amazon review saying they're a bit crap. He's not interested in the microphone, just the drums and guitar.

Would I be better off buying the Guitar hero guitar and drums and the rock band game? Will they all work together?

House
    Free Member

Can't help re Rock Band or compatibility, but we got Guitar Hero World Tour last Xmas and it's been the most used multi player game all year – even grand parents joining in which was a hoot! Expect to get GH5 as an extension this year…

Re the mic – there's always someone who wants a go and on basic level you don't need to be able to sing to join in!

RevWill
    Free Member

I've got both, and the rock band game is more fun, but the guitar hero guitars are better made. I've not tried the guitar hero drums though, only the rock band ones.

samuri
    Free Member

I've found a telegraph article that says you can use either set of instruments with either game so I think that's sorted. I'll try and get hold of the Guitar Hero kit and the Rock Band (my son has said he specifically wants this game) software.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Guitar Hero/Rock Band – XBOX’ is closed to new replies.