Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • Guided Quantocks weekend anyone.
  • qwerty
    Free Member

unless the weather is diablocally shite then i plan on camping, i’ll probably go for Moorhouse campsite, so far its just me sleeping in my huge 5mtr Bell Tent so i have plenty of space for anyone that fancies a sleepover at mine, i’ll have cooking kit aplenty (provided i can actually squeeze my bike in this time!!!) and can even provide a spare air bed or two, let me know on here – or just turn up – i hope to set up Fri pm and take down Sun pm or mebbe even Mon am

it’d be nice to ride up to the carpark from the campsite – its about a 200mtr ascent – any recommendations on the best way up appreciated

sharki
    Free Member

Qwerty, I’ll share the tent with ya and ride up to cpg with you in the morning at 9.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Can’t make the Sat but am trying to make Sunday. Will the start be at the same time/place on Sunday?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I will be staying here with WCA and Andy, hopfully will be there Friday eveing 🙂

http://www.millfarm.biz/

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You got it booked then?

Well done. Looks like I am in the country all week so Friday should be okay.

sharki
    Free Member

Mill farm is about a 40 minute ride to the hills, with a climb right up through greatwood to the meeting point. The better option for those staying at mill farm, is to drive to holford to meet and qwerty then we can all ride up together giving us a long descent to finish with.
    This will mean a 9:15 start from holford. 🙂

Andy

Sounds like a good idea to me

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We can pile all the bikes on the truck and share a ride up to the start then.

qwerty
    Free Member

or …….. for a car free weekend ……….. you could cum camp it up with us (if it doesn’t throw too big a spanner in the works of your current plans), there is room available … http://www.moorhousecampsite.co.uk room a plenty im my tent 💡

crazymoon
    Free Member

interesting. can do the saturday.

mboy
    Free Member

qwerty, not saying it’s a definite yet, but would be able to spare space for a small one (possibly 2) in your tent on Friday night too?

qwerty
    Free Member

mboy – yea they’ll be loads of room, so far its just me and the sharkster rattling around inside one of these:

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sounds awesome – shame I can only make it in spirt and not body! Enjoy!

mboy
    Free Member

mboy – yea they’ll be loads of room, so far its just me and the sharkster rattling around inside one of these:

Haha, you dunno what you’ve let yourself in for with a night of me and Sharki! 😉

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Gutted! Only just seen this and I can’t do this weekend 🙁 It’s my brother-in-law to be Stag Do! Maybe next time?

scraprider
    Free Member

any chance of a possible tag on sunday

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What I’m hoping for but don’t know if I can get a pass-out.

Clink

What I’m hoping for but don’t know if I can get a pass-out.

Me too!

qwerty
    Free Member

Haha, you dunno what you’ve let yourself in for with a night of me and Sharki!

oh bugger 😯

its not my guided ride – but i can’t see it being a problem, people on bicycles on the Quantocks is the aim – you’ll just need to keep in the loop of Sundays meet time and place which i’m guessing will be sorted post Saturdays ride

sharki
    Free Member

So, here’s the game plan.
    I’ll be hauling a tired party of riders up the combe to crowcombe park gate car park where we’ll meet knottie and the non Friday night campers.
    All comers are welcome, as previously mentioned this is a social tour of the Quantocks trails, the pace will be slow to stopped, so dont turn up a get frustrated at the pace or progression.
    If you want that sort of ride, get in touch for a more Intense experience.
    There will be plenty of stops for coaching, haribo, cake, beer, or wildlife spotting.

With a 10am start we’ve got 10 hrs of daylight to play with.

For anyone aiming to meet up at cpg at either of the days rides, we’ll be there as close to 9.45 as I can gey people there.
    Please could you contact me via email to let me know if you’re to meet us at cpg so I don’t miss you.
    Camping Is at either moorhouse farm In holford, or at mill. farm in fiddington.
    You may bivvi on thd hills themselves, but please no fires.
    There have been hills fires due to extreme dryness, so avoid that please.
    Campers are fine at any of the carparks, however i will advise against some over others.
    Please mail me for a Suitable suggestion.

Hopefully that’s everything covered.
    Sorry for the late night ramble on, there may of been lots of stout paired with touch screen predictive typing, etc.

See yous In the next few days.

knottie8
    Free Member

I shall be driving a white skoda and riding a red hardtail so make yourself known saturday morning.

judderman
    Free Member

I will be wearing an Ali G mankini, on a unicycle whilst playing ‘sweet home Alabama’ on my ukelele.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will be in my pick up truck*

*later I will be moving into a trailer and marrying my sister

qwerty
    Free Member

I shall be driving a heard of wildebeest and riding a filthy whore so make yourself known saturday morning.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I shall be driving a heard of wildebeest and riding a filthy whore so make yourself known saturday morning

Sounds like my kind of party!

I will bring a Soma_rich for group pleasuring

Andy

Ah fine work Qwerty and WCA.

In which case I shall bring an Elfinsafety, to carelessly throw to the group as an hors d’œuvre.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tally Ho!

soma_rich and WCA hit the road(ie)!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just pakcing the car….. Bikes? 456 or Pitch?

sharki
    Free Member

456 all the way.

Well thats my tool for the job.
    Bring the bike that makes you smile most up and down.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Will aim to get there on Sunday, will ride over from Lydeard hill, leaving from Taunton with space in the van for 2 more if i get the OK from Head Office!

mboy
    Free Member

PP, bringing full sus myself, last time I rode Quantocks on my hardtail I left feeling I’d have enjoyed it more on full sus bike. Though my Maverick is probably a good few lbs lighter than a Pitch!

Will be down for around 9pm ish tonight, cheers to qwerty for putting me up. If anyone sees a dark red Audi A4 estate with a bike on the back looking lost, flag me down!

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Sharki my boy, Same time, same place on Sunday ??? 8)

yunki
    Free Member

well.. I thought I was gonna join you saturday and then nip back home in time for a previously arranged Dartmoor jaunt on sunday..

but I’ve been reliably informed that I’m helping Mrs yunki in the garden tomorrow instead..

have a good one.. 🙂

crazymoon
    Free Member

bring your waterproofs! things may get a little interesting.

i’ll be in the C-max of joy with an orange hopefully hanging off the back and judderman in tow. see you all at 9.30

dropoff

Hey Sharki, Deb will be there sat morning. I can’t make it for working 🙁 Go easy on her she hasn’t had a ride for a couple of months 🙂

crazymoon
    Free Member

‘snigger’

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

Oh, go on then,

I’m in,
    (Sunday) 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

Some over night rain should have dampened down that horrible dust !

jacko54321
    Free Member

Some[/u] !! i was starting to build my ark !!!

knottie8
    Free Member

ha ha well I can see the Qs from my window so its not too misty up there and the roads by my house are drying fast.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Guided Quantocks weekend anyone.’ is closed to new replies.