Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • guess where i am
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yeah – is that going to appear in every one of his posts??? Some of the advertisers on here have paid good money for their ads (as we are reminded anytime the issue of applying ‘electronic eye bleach’ is raised…. 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Obviously too crappy a business to understand target market perceptions and do proper marketing

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but no worse than the blatant promotion of Ragley, On-One, Superstar, several bike shops etc. But that’s ok, no?

And it’s just a link, you’re not obliged to click on it. Several people have their username link to their businesses anyway.

It’s Capitalism, innit? Every dog for himself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    donsimon
    Free Member

Cheapest coffe online? Maybe. Your offer of Douwe Eggberts 250g at $6,39 +p&p plus 2 business days for picking and 3 days for shipping plus shipping costs OR I go to the local supermarket pick it off the shelf and have in my hand within 10mins for 2,50€. No contest really, must be the advertising costs which are bumping up your prices, no?

And OP are you waiting in line at the local soup kitchen?

Drac

Blatant advertising and looking for any post just to post his link to a crappy site.

GTFO!

rewski
    Free Member

Nevermind that – where the hell is Pook?

Pook

Hello all.

I’m back at my desk. Did I miss something?

donsimon
    Free Member

Yeah but no worse than the blatant promotion of Ragley, On-One, Superstar, several bike shops etc. But that’s ok, no?

I think to begin with some people start with a bit of banter and then throw their links into a relevant thread. Not stick it on the bottom of everythread, relevant or not, from day 1. Of course some people abuse the thread.

simoncarter

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s cheeky, but in fairness, Troutie has used this from as a means of promoting his own business, albeit in a far less blatant manner. I don’t think Troutie expected things to take off so well, and I don’t think he deliberately used the forum to get free promotion, but he has benefitted from using STW, without paying for advertising. Not knocking Troutie at all, good on him, but I’m just using that as an example.

The only thing that San4os is guilty of is being crap at being subtle.

rewski
    Free Member

I feel hoodwinked I’ve just spent $50 of cheap coffee I didn’t want and I still don’t know where Pook was 🙁

poisonspider
    Free Member

Was he in Starbucks ??

donsimon
    Free Member

I think SuperStar can be accused of abuse as he clearly set out to use the forum for marketing, I’m not sure if that’s the same for Troutie though, he was a hobbyist and it grew from there. If I recall Ragley was set up by Brant after he had become well known for his exploits with On-One.
    As you say, you can choose to hit the link or not.

simoncarter

😆

Pook

I’m not revealing anything about myself.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They don’t care any more Pook.

Slagging people off is far more interesting. 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don Simon; it’s ok for you to post a link because it’s all in foreign so no-one on here can understand it anyway! 😀

poisonspider
    Free Member

Just clicked on the ‘simoncarter’ link 😯

WTF is that!!

It’s like a f***ing eye test!

Sort your fonts out dude!

poisonspider
    Free Member

Hey Pook, where did your DVLA post go??

Or have just spoiled it for everyone? 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, sort yer fonts out ffs.

Binners, ‘ave a word will you? 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

Don Simon; it’s ok for you to post a link because it’s all in foreign so no-one on here can understand it anyway!

😆

What’s the problem dude??? Could you be a little less specific, please?

PeteG55
    Free Member

I still want to know where Pook was, still think it might have been something like a passport office.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s been bloody edited.

Cheesy Wotsits

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No he was in the DVLA, but he’s edited his post.

As PeterPoddy says, slagging people ff is far more interesting. At the moment, we’re attacking poor Don Simon.

Mind you, he does deserve it for his gratuitous and unnecessary use of different sized fonts. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

I think it looks cool. 😀 😳

You’re just so oldfashioned in your backward little island, you should embrace Europe.

Girls, girls, girls!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Well, it appears the resident grumpies have spoken…… a ban after 1 post for san4os – is that a new record?!?!?

poisonspider
    Free Member

I think it looks cool.

Well it doesn’t, it’s arse!

Since when has Europe been COOL?? I know it may have somethings that it can be complemented about (eg weather, bigger mountains, some decent beaches, interesting history, better looking birds (in places) etc) but it is way off being cool!

rewski
    Free Member

Anyone want to buy $50 of coffee?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was first to say DVLA. What do I win Pook? I want a prize for winning your little compo.

poisonspider
    Free Member

You can have $50 of coffee. 😉

Pook

What did I do here today?

Onza – you can have my ticket I got for waiting

Should I be proud? I blame the DVLA.

donsimon
    Free Member

poisonspider – Member

I think it looks cool.

Well it doesn’t, it’s arse!

Since when has Europe been COOL?? I know it may have somethings that it can be complemented about (eg weather, bigger mountains, some decent beaches, interesting history, better looking birds (in places) etc) but it is way off being cool!

Still nothing consructive, though! 🙄
    But you are very funny.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘guess where i am’ is closed to new replies.