Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Guaranteed Death…….
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

Did he not realise that when he split the lowers the hub of the wheels would not longer fit properly as there would be a gap?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I thought it was a Go Pro mount in order to film his own suicide

epicyclo

I think all it needs is a lower plate. That part is just a fork brace, and it seems to have a through axle.

I rode motorbikes with much less bracing than that on rough roads, and at far higher speeds than that will ever see.

I would do the same, just tidier, and with a stiffer interconnection.

There’s nought wrong with his idea, just the execution IMO.

Edit:

Here’s one I prepared earlier with no brace at all (when it was hard to buy fatbike forks)

RickDraper
    Free Member

There was a engineer a while back for Marzocchi (iirc) that cut a fork in half and widened the brace to fit on a fat bike. Cannot for the life of me find it now but his solution was a lot more thought out than that one!

medoramas
    Free Member

Would duct tape work then? I have no metal plates available… 😆

sssimon
    Free Member

There was a engineer a while back for Marzocchi (iirc) that cut a fork in half and widened the brace to fit on a fat bike. Cannot for the life of me find it now but his solution was a lot more thought out than that one!

just slightly neater

Magura engineer’s DIY fatbike fork

adrec
    Free Member

Who in their right mind is bidding on these?

muddyground
    Free Member

Epicyclo – how did you get those forks to work? Doesn’t look to be too much room between the tyre and fork crown. I’m guessing you ran them locked out?

ndthornton
    Free Member

ha ha
    After all this mud slinging it looks as though he’s going to get a good price!
    Who’s laughing now

warpcow
    Free Member

muddyground – Member
    Epicyclo – how did you get those forks to work? Doesn’t look to be too much room between the tyre and fork crown. I’m guessing you ran them locked out?

I seem to remember he had a build thread on here for them. The point was that they didn’t work at all. You can see the seatpost clamps that hold the cut down lowers in the one position.

Edit: here.

large418
    Free Member

My 26 er bikes have a future – off to the garage to lengthen the chainstays.
    Hacksaw. Tick
    Ally plate. Tick
    Jubilee clips. Tick. ( for added safety)

tomhoward
    Stevet1
    Free Member

For the axle hub wich isn’t included, distance is about half a cm, it literally can be moved that much to one side, it does not affect or change the look, just has to be a manitou sherman one.

Okay cool no worries then, glad you put my mind at ease.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sheesh.

I can’t belive that there are bids up to £85 on these – I struggled to get there for some mint Shermans a couple of years ago.

As for the execution…Darwin’s theory has fallen down here!

epicyclo

muddyground – Member
    Epicyclo – how did you get those forks to work?

I built them to be rigid. It let me experiment with HAs and offsets.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Guaranteed Death…….’ is closed to new replies.