Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • GT Peace Changing Rear Cog
  • didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Anyone know what tools I would need to change the rear cog on a GT Peace, I want to change from 16t to 17t, can I use a On-One Groove Armada cog??

thanks 🙂

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Chain whip and either a cassette removal tool or a freewheel removal tool depending on the hub's orientation. If it's an SS hub then probably be a freewheel tool.

Best bet is to take it your local bike shop and ask them to do it. It takes less than 30 seconds with the right tools. If they try to charge you, ask them to do it for free if you buy something else (innertubes, etc.).

Using the groove armada cog should be fine. Depends if the sprocket or chain is SS specific and the other isn't…if you see what I mean.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Thanks,

I thought it would easy, I'm just missing my bike tools since they all got nicked when some scrot broke into my car whilst we went biking.

I was thinking of getting my LBS to do it, and just take the new cog with me.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

That'll probably be easiest. It's not worth buying the tool unless you intend to change it over regularly.

I bet the scrote that nicked yer tools didn't even know what half of them were for!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘GT Peace Changing Rear Cog’ is closed to new replies.