Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Grub Smith winning pointless earlier
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This has been quite a funny read. Good work samuri. 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Samuri has been almost as entertaining as an episode of pointless. I enjoy it but used to watch it on iplayer so I could skip past all the shit chat/chit chat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and if anyone is still in any doubt how could we have forgotten wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointless_(game_show)

njee20
    Free Member

No-one else has said that. I stand by my original point. Lots of answers, no-one agrees.
    It’s just like an episode of Pointless. Yes, I get it now.

Right. There are different rounds.

Round 1: four pairs playing, open ended question, many many answers, no prompts. Lowest score wins. Not necessarily any answers that are actually pointless.

Round 2: three pairs playing, a finite number of answers you have to guess the most obscure, usually based on clues, but can be ‘fill in the blanks’ type questions. So it’ll be Tour de France winners and the clues will be ‘side burned British rider’, ‘Spaniard who won 5 consecutive in the 90s’. Etc. or it’ll be B—dl– W-g–n- or something.

Round 3: head to head, best of three rounds, usually pictures of people from a certain category.

Final round: one team, between one and three categories (it changes), no clues, aiming for the answers no one gives. You give three answers, if one of these is a ‘Pointless’ answer, you win. If even one person surveyed has said it then you don’t.

I’m guessing you’ve dipped in at rounds 2 or 3, hence the basis of your confusion.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Richpips and my boss have both explained it in one sentence so some people clearly do understand it.

kayak23

samuri – Member
    Thanks chaps. Richpips and my boss have both explained it in one sentence so some people pretty much anyone who is capable of rational thought clearly do understand it.

ftfy 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I bet the OP never expected his thread to go that badly wrong!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

So back to Grub Smith

I met him once… surly get

DezB
    Free Member

Chip from STW wasn’t on Pointless last week!

This Grub Smith then, would anyone who didn’t gamble or read glossy menz mags know who he was?

I’ve kept 1 edition of Pointless on my Sky+ cos the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever seen was on it. Now that’s Pointless!

cheers_drive

I didn’t recognise his name instantly but now remember him from Sin Cities which was an entertaining program of it’s time.

Rockape63
    Free Member

blimey……I thought it was such a simple game until I read this thread! 😯

I love it BTW! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Grub Smith winning pointless earlier’ is closed to new replies.