Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Endura zip replacement cost?
  • granny_ring

Anyone sent a softshell to them recently for main zip replacement?
    Wondered what sort of cost, got an old softshell that I would like to keep using if poss.
    TIA.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

We have a local sewing shop, which I sent a nice road jacket to replace the zip with a decent one, was £30. About the third of the price of the jacket, so got it done and did a great job. Have a look , see if you have a local place like I did.

project
    Free Member

Local sewing shop, 8 quid, they also did my Levis, for 6 quid.Look for the tattiest one not the franchised ones.

wilburt
    Free Member

My Endurance stuff has kept the local sewing shop busy for a year won’t buy that rubbish anymore so they’ll be back to turning up jeans.

scotroutes

Knowing how good Endura are they’ll likely do it for free, even when out of warranty.

Ambrose

I was quoted £50:00 to have the zip replaced on my down jacket. A quick ask on Facebook pointed me towards somebody local (friend of a friend) who only charged £20:00 and will get it back to me too, for free. Which is nice.

Creaky

I had one replaced by a local shop that does repairs to outdoor gear. From memory, it cost a tenner and the replacement was much stronger than the original.

greenstix7
    Free Member

Zip broke on an Endura Flyte jacket, the original shop refunded me under warranty.
    Have never bought Endura again but to be fair they didn’t quibble at all. Their stuff is just not made to last, not quality.

granny_ring

Cheers folks will try Endura first and take it from there.
    Any name/direct phone number of who I need to speak to?

boltonjon

I’ve got a similar issue with a good Gore top

There is nothing on their website buy have emailed all the same

I know of a couple of local repair shops – but to be honest – after using them on some non-cycling clothing – i’m not overly impressed

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the Berkshire/Surrey/Hampshire area?

Thanks

kcal

Endura – I’ve usually emailed customer services, or similar – you’ll be fine, or should be.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Most of my bike kit that has zips gives up after a couple of years.

I ride right through the winter so mud and grit get into the zips and finish them off.

Gillets, jackets and back pack zips all get sorted by a local place, tatty as but cheap and good.

Creaky

The one I used was HM Supplies in Aldershot but they also have a shop in Camberley. Not exactly fine tailoring but I’ve used them for a number of repairs over the years and they’ve always been good.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Give https://www.scottishmountaingear.com a call.
    They took over Tundra, who did a fantastic job in repairing the zip on my Berghaus jacket.

bonchance
    Free Member

I know this is about Endura – but for the benefit the other poster —

Rumour has it that; a failed Gore item returned to Gore will be replaced. They may be generous with wear and tear as well.. Report back if you try!

Ambrose

My M.E. GoreTex jacket is delaminating. I’ll follow your advice.

boltonjon

Still awaiting a response to my email…. 🙁

martinhutch

Can anyone recommend me a reliable zip replacement firm for waterproofs – either post away or local to Skipton/Leeds?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

You could give LSR a call.

greenstix7
    Free Member

My M.E. GoreTex jacket is delaminating. I’ll follow your advice.

Had one replaced, the parent company is in Manchester and do Sprayway too.
    Very helpful.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Endura zip replacement cost?’ is closed to new replies.