Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Grrrr – remind me, Garmin numpty….
  • MoreCashThanDash

Have a route on my Garmin Connect records that I’m riding next week.

Trying to get it to transfer from the PC to my Garmin 500. “Send to Device” didn’t work.

Exporting it as a tcx file to the Courses or New Files folders didn’t work.

Please point out my glaringly obvious oversight while I go and make tea and calm down

Thanks you

whitestone
    Free Member

Usually it’s a case of dropping the route in the “New Files” folder on the device then restarting it. I’ve had “fun” with transfers, not all .tcx or .gpx files seem to be accepted, I think it depends on the number of waypoints.

MoreCashThanDash

Think it’s just having a hissy fit.

I’ll try again another night.

MoreCashThanDash

Had another go at this tonight, and it’s still not playing

If I save the .tcx file to the laptop and then drag it into the new files folder on the Garmin, I can see it on the Garmin drive. But when I unplug the Garmin and look in courses, there is nothing there. Plug the Garmin back in and there is no course on the drive.

Where does it go? Why won’t it stay where I want it? Why am I about to cry with frustration? What should I replace it with?

Yak

Turn the Garmin off and on after you disconnect.

And as whitestone said – there’s a maximum number of waypoints.

MoreCashThanDash

I have. Numerous times. 👿

Yak

Sod it. Drink beer

Pickers

I don’t know if I had the same issue, but it was certainly similar. I have a Garmin Touring. Had the same problem – couldn’t load a route either through Connect or by gpx or tcx.
    I did an update. Normally the last thing I’d try. Correct service is now resumed. Whether this’ll work with a 500 I’ve no idea, worth a try?

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll try it. After I’ve done the beer drinking bit……

markgraylish
    Free Member

Try clearing some space down on the unit by deleting old course or stuff you no longer need….

scotroutes

Are you doing an “Eject” on that drive before removing the Garmin? It could be that Windows is caching it, in which case you need to do the Eject so that it clears the buffer. Then remove the Garmin when it says it’s safe to remove.

MoreCashThanDash

Ah, ok, I’ll try that as well

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Grrrr – remind me, Garmin numpty….’ is closed to new replies.