Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ground Effect New Zealand
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Anyone else use them?

I’ve just received an order I made last Wednesday evening.

Had some quality stuf from them in the past too. Been using their winter jacket for two winters which is great. Has long zipped vents on the front for when you overheat

baa
    Free Member

I’ve got the montezumers 3/4 with fleeced knees, which are great & a couple of tops can’t fault the stuff. the only problem is when Gorden Brown and his thieving tax scum mates stick thier beaks in.Oh well I must be helping Gorden save the world?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Oh, have you been stung then? I must have been lucky as all my stuff has come through OK.

I have the montezumers too 8)

ChrisHeath

Yep, have a fair bit of their stuff – a draft dodger top that’s been used for several winters of daily commuting, double happy shorts, submerino and the sleeveless merino tops.

Seems to last well, arrive quickly (I’ve just received some stuff off them that arrived in about 4 days), and I’ve never been stung for duty. Don’t they add it in to the cost of the stuff now? The stuff I got last week arrived with a UK post office label.

ton

hijack, bonesetter, which lenz did you order???

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Yep I’ve got some of their shorts – a bit thin but very good on a hot day – also got some of there windzone over socks which have kept my tootise very warm this winter – big thumbs up for their gear & service

sodafarls
    Free Member

I’ve a Baked Alaska, which i’m very happy with. My lady has the Popsicle (not matching colours, thankfully). When we last ordered the item was delivered to the wrong address, and GE sent another straight away with a free gift, even before we had filled out the Royal Mail forms. Never had any duty problems.

Did I mention I really really like the Baked Alaska?

Wiksey
    Free Member

I’ve got loads of their stuff (jerseys, shorts, base layers & jacket) as it fits me better than any UK/Euro clothing I’ve found and they actually know how to stitch there garments together unlike a certain UK manufacturer that I’ve used before.
    As ChrisHeath said they now include UK tax in their pricing so no more getting stung.

househusband

There’s also Krank Dirtwear in New Zealand – the tops I’ve had from them have been better quality than Ground Effect.

dthom3uk

I got a Baked Alaska top. Its a great piece of kit.

The customer service was excellent.

ackie
    Free Member

2 x Submerino and chipolata gloves here.
    Both “choice” as they say in the land of the white long cloud

bonesetter
    Free Member

My latest aquisition was a Baked Alaska and submerino – all in burnt orange to match the new bike (ton) a Lenz Behemoth

Coasting
    Free Member

Can really recommend Krank,apart from knowing the guy whos a bloody good guy,there gears tops and probably a bit unique in the UK.Easily as good if not better than GF stuff and the service is very fast.

ton

bonesetter, i almost went down the lenz path…..you never know tho. 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

NOt sure which merino I have but its the only top I ware riding now, everything else just is not as comfortable. Will be getting my money again!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Coasting – Member

Can really recommend Krank,apart from knowing the guy whos a bloody good guy,there gears tops and probably a bit unique in the UK.Easily as good if not better than GF stuff and the service is very fast.

Made in Kiwi land too then? Look quite similar in their designs. They like that logo on the clothing though – not sure i’d want that everywhere

bonesetter
    Free Member

ton – Member

bonesetter, i almost went down the lenz path…..you never know tho. [:wink:]

A spin around on one might change your mind?

Coasting
    Free Member

Made in NZ quite different in the flesh to GF.I especially like the baggies and the design and finnish on all the clothing is very sharp.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’ve a baked alaska, a sub-merino, a rock lobster (? might not be its name – long sleeved summer merino thing anyway), and some of their 3/4 tights. all quality stuff.

had their top of the range jacket which was rubbish though. very well made and thought out, i liked the pit zips etc etc etc, but the fabris just wasn’t breathable enough, and lost its w/proofness VERY quickly.
    not recommended!!

will buy more stuff from them though.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Check out NZo too, another fine manufacturer of fetish gear for cyclists,
    http://www.nzoactive.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ground Effect New Zealand’ is closed to new replies.