Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ground Effect clothing.
  • soops
    Free Member

I am thinking of buying either a frosty boy or Baked alaska top.
    Has anybody got one of these tops? Is the frosty boy too warm?
    What is the sizing like as i seem to be between sizes?
    Cheers

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Can’t help with those tops but sizing is pretty spot on. My 3/4’s and submerino are both a good fit. They are also the best bits of biking clothing I’ve got. The submerino I’ve had about 5 years and its showing some signs of wear and tear but I wear it or have it with me on nearly every ride for at least 3/4’s of the year. I’d be interested to know how you get on with import duty, I didn’t pay any when I got those but as I say that was a while ago now.

drofluf
    Free Member

Sizing is great as stevenmenmuir says.

Too hot? Well that depends on you. I’ve got a Baked Alaska and it’s great on it’s own for cool spring late summer morning rides or as an extra layer when it’s cooler.

Quality of their stuff is great – I’ve ended up with more of their stuff than any other brand I think!

mrmo
    Free Member

found the sizing too long in the body on some of their stuff.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sizing spot on for me. The merino in the baked alaska fell off pretty quickly. Apparently it doesn’t get on with biological washing powders.
    I also wonder if they have a different designer in at the mo, as I’ve gone off their colour combos quite a bit.

drlex
    Free Member

Another fan – I have a baked Alaska and it’s great for autumn/spring riding. MTB rather than Road fit, so medium perfect for me (38″ chest & 6′) and the merino component means that I can get a week’s commute between washes, unlike the one day with polypropylene layers (Smelly Hansen, I’m looking at you!). The Berglar is a good top for warmer days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ground Effect clothing.’ is closed to new replies.