Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Grizedale Pike help
  • theoc
    Free Member

Heading up Grizedale Pike to do the singletrack descent on Monday morning… What’s the best route up there ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You know it’s cheeky…..

have a look at a map

boxelder

It’s all footpaths on Grizedale Pike, so stealth is required. The paths can cut up badly if wet – and they’re wet.
    I’ve mailed you (or would have done if you had an address visible) – discussing routes like this on a forum will increase the liklihood of problems/conflict.
    If you can’t decide a way up, I suspect you’ll not find the way down (which is far from obvious), especially in overcast conditions like there’ll be on monday.

philfive
    Free Member

Grizedale pike below Helvellyn?

There are bridal ways coming off there.

1 up dollywagons
    1 to patterdale
    1 to grasmere

I’d go up helvellyn from glenridding, down dollywagons and then down the bridalway to patterdale

philfive
    Free Member

Sorry I’m on about the tarn lol

theoc
    Free Member

Well I’ve got a map of course and I’m heading out very early Monday morning to avoid walkers… Was planning on going up via the south loop climb of whinlatter?

leebaxter
    Free Member

from the top of the south loop is the best way up for cyclists with out a doubt

Cammer
    Free Member

Yes, top of South Loop. I went up a couple of weeks back. The few walkers we came across were talkative (in a good way)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dont do if it’s wet or been raining recently, make sure you know where to go – as boxelder says it’s not obvious.

d45yth
    Free Member

I was going to say could I come with you…just looked at the forecast though! 🙁

boxelder

drop me an email for options.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale Pike help’ is closed to new replies.