Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Grizedale High Cross car park.
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

A simple question, is the High Cross car park at the top of Hawkshead hill in Grizedale free, or is it pay and display ? We’re doing a slightly different route tomorrow and this would be a good place to park.

Google is not being very helpful, so I know someone on here will know 😀

Thanks in advance.

grum
    Free Member

Always used to be but they’ve started charging at some of the others that used to be free like Moor Top and Bogle Crag, so it’s quite possibly not free any more.

In conclusion, I dunno, sorry.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Aye, we always used to park at Moor Top, but we’ve got a new (free) spot at the other end of the forest, so I don’t know about this one. Ta anyway.

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry, they rarely (almost never) check.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

It was free when I parked there back in July.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I parked there at Christmas and definitely not pay and display then. Moor Top had already become PaD by that time.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I was through there last weekend,I didnt see any pay and display,although I noticed theres now a ticket machine on Roger ground,(op of the North face trail..)

I dont like starting at the top of a hill tho,it means you have a climb to end the day on… 🙁

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

In conclusion, yes it is free. Which is good, because I’m not paying £6 to park at Moor Top 😯

I dont like starting at the top of a hill tho,it means you have a climb to end the day on…

Too true. We finished the ride with a nice little climb up the bridleway from Hawkshead. That was fun. 🙄

snakebite
    Free Member

Was free 3 weeks ago, wewt, very wet, but free.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale High Cross car park.’ is closed to new replies.