Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Green Tyres
  • littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Anyone used? Thinking about getting them for my commuter bike because I’m sick of punctures.

bencooper
    Free Member

The solid foam ones? Really harsh to ride, a nightmare to fit, and tend to get flat spots. Get some Marathon Plus tyres instead.

29erKeith
    Free Member

+1 marathon plus

amazing tyres, never punctured yet with one after thousands of miles

[hopes, he hasn’t tempted fate]

nickjb
    Free Member

Are they the same as the Green Tyres that were around in the 90s? Like permanently riding through sand. As above get some decent puncture proof pneumatic tyres. I use spesh Nimbus. Can’t remember the last puncture, it might have been 6 years ago when I found a massive nail in the tyre. Had to go to a bike shop as I’d long since given up carrying a pump and tube.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Hmm not a rave review then. I had heard they were not wonderful in terms of feeling every lump and bump in the road….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, Marathon Plus.

The only good green tyres are/were the awesome Wildgripper range from Michelin back in the day! 🙂

MrNice
    Free Member

another vote for spesh nimbus here. I can remember two flat tyres. One was a broken bottle that went in one sidewall and out the other. The second was when the sidewall of the rim blew out so not strictly a puncture anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Green Tyres’ is closed to new replies.