Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Great service from The Bike Chain – well done
  • GavinB

So there I was deliberating about a new set of pedals for my road bike. I kept on searching on Keo 2 Max pedals, but they all seemed pretty expensive. £73 on CRC

Up pops Druidh, to say that TheBikeChain had them for £66. So I paid for them on Thursday night, got a confirmation email within 10 mins, then a further email at about 8:30 on Friday morning to say that they had been despatched. They duly arrived today with a nice little handwritten note in the box, saying something like, 'hope you enjoy these, a good choice'.

Nice touch, great service.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Proper bike shops FTW! 🙂

markd
    Free Member

Glad you got em safe. Fedex did their job! Cool.

Any probs – just call/email/post here etc.

Thanks for the business and comment – we really do appreciate it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tell that to Mark Beaumont. His bike falls apart this week.

Rickos
    Free Member

GavinB

Now this is just getting silly!

Phoned up yesterday as I was after a new full-face lid with the Mega coming up. Chatted through a few things with Colin (I think), who gave great advice on the helmet fit and also the returns procedure if it wasn't 'just right'.

Ordered it around 3pm (yesterday), and it arrived today with a little note saying they hoped it fitted ok and to get in touch if there were any issues (oh, and a free packet of Clif Shotblocks).

Price for the helmet (POC) was £20 less than CRC!

Great service last time, fantastic service this time. Cannot recommend these guys enough.

Right, off to the Alps…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to having them as my local shop once I move back to Edinburgh. Good blokes that know about bikes – what more could you ask for.

ojom
    Free Member

Ahh that's nice. On way home from a tough day and that has cheered me up no end.

Thanks for the post GavinB. Have fun at the Mega.

ton

they are ok s'uppose……………. 8)

druidh
    Free Member

Gavin. Thanks for the feedback. T'was indeed I you spoke to.

Selling helmets over the internet is always a bit of a funny one as we much prefer customers get a good fit and that's easiest done on the premises. Explaining that there's a "no-quibble" return option is the next best thing.

Sorry we were out of Chamois Butt'r samples. BTW – the Shot Bloks are best taken orally, not applied to the parts under pressure 🙂

Hope you have a good holiday. We're not jealous.

At all.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

The bike chain have been superb with me in the last month that I've been living in Embra. Always busy, and I'll be honest I was just wasting their time because bike chat was banned in the house, but got some very nice things for very little and will be firing some more money their way come pay day.

GavinB

🙂

Yup, thankfully it fits great, miles better than my old TLD one.

All I have to do now is stop riding into trees or rocks, as I managed to do with the last one…

Thanks Colin!

ojom
    Free Member

It's very little cause you are trade luke 😆 i feel bad that you buy from us when you should put it through your own till. heh.

btw – did i invite you to the housewarming…. if i didn't then i meant to… oops. The Umerican would be most welcome too.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Nowhere else does "trade" deals- just you. I'd love to come to the housewarming, may clash with Moray but I'll poke a head in.

If money's in your till it couldn't go to a nicer shop other than 18, so I'm happy.

ojom
    Free Member

If i build a pump track will you come?

druidh
    Free Member

Uh!

I think I've just come.

Kit
    Free Member

Uh!

I think I've just come.

Colin, get yer arse over to this thread, sharpish, there's a lad 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rothiemurcusglenmore-inshriachfeshiebridge-route-advice-if-you-please

ojom
    Free Member

Uh!

I think I've just come.

There is a sweet drop from the garage…. kind of tapered for practicing diff heights!

piha
    Free Member

Bah humbug, ever tried getting a bike bag out of them, should have gone to Mossie 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Well reminded. Silverfish will get a nudge tomorrow!

Give you a call about other thing too…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member

I'm looking forward to having them as my local shop once I move back to Edinburgh. Good blokes that know about bikes – what more could you ask for.

Shame they are all short dark and grumpy ( except dash) I'd like some tall happy blondes myself

stevestunts
    Free Member

When I talk to them about work stuff, they still don't seem to have figured out how I know where they're planning to go pedalling that night, though 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Great service from The Bike Chain – well done’ is closed to new replies.