Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Great bike lights
  • penglish1
    Free Member

Got these last year for riding in the dark nights. I have to say they have been very good, never let me down and the power they push out is the same as my mate £200 set. I ve also seen them been sold in JE JAMES for over 90 pounds.
    I’ve even had car drivers put their full beam on as they think am a motorbike. Be seen and stay safe. ( p.s just read this back and it reads as if I work for them, and am trying to sell them am not just dont think people should get ripped off)

Find them on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-Headlight-Headlamp-Cycling-adapter/dp/B007H9RBZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351354739&sr=8-1

theendisnigh
    Free Member

you can get them for £17 Ebay China. Or £30 Ebay UK.

tomhughes
    Free Member

I’ve got the exact same lights, you can get them from ebay direct from china for about £20 now.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Or £17 on ebay 😉

lightman
    Free Member

I’ve even had car drivers put their full beam on as they think am a motorbike.

That means they’re being blinded, I hope you aimed them down?
    To many cyclists don’t seem to understand that!

Bez

“I’ve even had car drivers put their full beam on as they think am a motorbike inconsiderate bell end”

FTFY

theendisnigh
    Free Member

To many cyclists don’t seem to understand that!

When I met my wife, she had been driving for about 10 years, but she didn’t know you need to dip your full beam when you are behind another vehicle, so wouldn’t dip until a car was coming the other way :lol:. In her defence, she is from a city where you tend to stay on dip, but still. She’d been doing that for ten years!

I have 3 of said lights now and they are good. I’m sure you can get better spread of light if you pay more, as they are quite ‘spotty’ but they are easily good enough. The batteries are good and they are powerful.

penglish1
    Free Member

Sod it was only trying to help people out with a good product and you get people like Baz using words like that. Your a joke pal.
    Lightman aim them down to look out for the pot holes we all have to put up with now.

philfive
    Free Member

I’ve ordered one for £17 from EBay 🙂

Bez

Sorry. I was a little coarse. I was crudely making the point that drivers don’t blast motorcyclists with main beam, they blast people who are dazzling them. Most modern lights are a good product for off-road riding, but not a good product from the driver’s perspective. Some cyclists take being main-beamed as a sign that their lights are a step up in some imaginary arms race, others that their lights are ill-suited to road use. No offence intended, I’m just foul-mouthed by nature 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

Mind you, on the odd occasion that an oncoming driver fails to dip his headlights (because you’re just a cyclist), you can give them a nice surprise by lighting them up.

tomaso
    Free Member

So its a P7 SSC Cree XML? With only one LED it can’t be both Soul Semi Conductors P7 and a Cree XML! Which one are you gonna get? There is a bit of a difference…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

seeing as i was arsed to read the description rather than just being abrasive and know it all i found this

LED: CREE XM-L T6 LED

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Someone got the link to the ebay ones please?

wrightyson
    Free Member
    zippykona

What’s a really good, amazingly cheap all in one torch like light?
    For my commuter(off road) just want one for the bars without the faff of separate battery and wires.

Kato

I’ve been waiting a month for one of those 17 quid eBay Chinese jobs

I know it’s from China, but a month for postage?

sp
    Free Member

Earlier thread here

seaurchin01
    Free Member

Cheers for this Penglish1, I’ve just been looking for some affordable lights.

trekstar
    Free Member
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Great bike lights’ is closed to new replies.