Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • PSA: SSC P7 Super Bright Rechargeable LED Bike Light UK store £27.89
  • sp
    Free Member

This looks very much like the deal extreme lights folks have been buying, may be of interest to some, from UK store £27.89

Clicky

nbt

Interesting, but it is just the lamp unit – no battery

wwaswas

you sure nbt – description and pics show battery and accessories?

patriotpro
    Free Member

High capacity rechargeable battery for long life, 4400mAh.

Battery included by the sounds of it.

woody2000

If you need power and long life out of your bicycle head light then look no further. This rechargeable bike light gives you maximum brightness and long life and will make your bike journeys much safer.

– Light will not dim as the battery runs down, manufactured to keep the same level of brightness until the end.
    – High capacity rechargeable battery for long life, 4400mAh.
    – Compact size, won’t take up too much space, and can easily attach to a bikes handlebar. Great for everyday use, mountain biking etc.
    – Three light settings: High/Low/Flashing, High: 900 lumens – 4 hours, Low: 300 lumens – 8 hours.
    – Fast mains charger included, can fully charge the head light in 3.5 hours. An LED indicator will show when the unit is fully charged.
    – Waterproof: no need to worry about the light getting wet.
    – Can be applied to all bicycles, 2 different sized strong elastic bands to fix the head light on to any sized handlebar.

I’d say it’s a complete set. Might grab one for the commuting bike 🙂

nbt

D’oh, my bad. The pics that were showing didn’t have a battery, in my crappy defence.

nosedive
    Free Member

i wondering if the c and b seen 1200 looks slightly better, for a little more money:

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead-lights/cabs-02-series—cree-xml.html

Northwind

I’ve not used the CandBseen light so don’t want to assume too much, but single XML lights tend to be excessively spotlighty. There’s a temptation to chase big lumens numbers but I reckon the old P7 lights were far better for riding- they still have a decent amount of light, but with a much more usable throw.

tinsy
    Free Member

Would anyone know what voltage the battery is?

cp

I was just about to post a PSA about these…

I have one of these but it came from an ebay supplier. The P7 LED with the orange peel reflector which 7dayshop are selling is IMO better as a bike light than the XML with smooth reflectors, which tend to be way too spotty, especially for MTB. The P7/orange peel lights are blimmin great.

Battery is 8.4v

These are bargain lights!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

2% Quidco too 8)

Milkie
    Free Member

Are those lights better than this light?

3600-Lumen 3T6 LED High Power Bicycle Light For 3*Cree XM-L T6

petersnell
    Free Member

Just bought one, seems pretty good for the money, beam is bright if a little concentrated, lasts a while too.

b45her
    Free Member

the light the OP mentions is the full set not just the lamp unit, i bought 2 a few months ago and they are very good for the money .

bigyinn
    Free Member

Well for £28 and the recommendations on here, im happy to try one. Will report back once it has arrived.

grum
    Free Member

Is this any good as a helmet light or bar mount only?

Northwind

@Milkie- there’s a very detailed technical review of that one in the Unreadable Bikeradar Lights Thread, well worth a look- full strip and poke.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Bought half a dozen last year, one on helmet one on road bike,rest to mates, one on the helmet with tie wraps(semi permo winter helmet) is excellent,mates dont thank me for it if i try and talk to them!!! lasted about 2 hour full plus 1.5 on flash on saturday before cutting out no warning, but it was daylight then( early start)!! no reported faults with these 6 ,but mate bought one last week and the battery case strap snapped on ride 2 leaving him in darkness and the battery back down the road,worked fine after mounting in top pocket,cant be bit at under £30.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

UK-based ebayer doing the same light plus a rear, from a thread 3 weeks ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110940880284?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D110940880284%26_rdc%3D1

Ive wrapped the battery in a section of inner tube and duct tape to increase water resistance. This has the smooth reflector.

cp

grum – works well as either. I have the helmet mount zip-tied to the helmet (ties go through helmet vents).

grum
    Free Member

grum – works well as either. I have the helmet mount zip-tied to the helmet (ties go through helmet vents).

Ta, battery pack lead reaches to the camelbak ok?

cp

yes, plenty.

PaulD
    Free Member

Picture above shows enough wire to put the light on a helmet and the battery in a backpack.
    If it arrives with shorter leads like the DX from a few years back, get an extension…but check that you measure the connector size very carefully as there are several options that look very similar.
    I would also recommend you put the battery inside 2 layers of nitrile gloves, sealed with a small cable-tie to keep the rain and sweat out…the circuit board is not H2O resistant.

PaulD

cookeaa

I had an XML T6 Bastid style off of Ebay for a shade under £20 a couple of weeks ago, 2 weeks to come from China, works a treat for the money…

Bez

The 7dayshop one… the pic shows a two-pin charger, but I assume it comes with a UK one (legal requirement IIRC?)… anyone able to confirm?

petersnell
    Free Member

Yep, comes with uk adaptor plug.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea of this night riding lark. Will this 27 quid light allow me to go round the pentlands/GT in the middle of the night, or is it for commuting predominently?

I’ve seen tons of threads about lights, and I’ve confused myself, what with all this chat of beam pattern and lumens, so the first one someone can recommend for the aformentioned purpose, for under 40 bucks (from a uk seller) I’ll buy.

ta

cookeaa

it was this one: Linky

4 x 18650 battery, same housing as all the others, O-rings for fitting, a helmet adapter and a UK plug adapter for the charger…

Not bad VFM IMO…

Edit: From China so ~2 Weeks delivery and doubtful “Product support” but come on these same lights wer going for about the £35+ about 12-18 months ago and you can merrily tank into pitch black woodland with one (or two)…

dobo
    Free Member

great price cookeaa but description and photo show NON uk plug. you sure it came with uk plug?

edit: i should say was it a uk charger or did it also come with a uk adapter?

edit 2: did you incur any customs or additional charges?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Tpbiker – yes this is ideal for off road. I’ve had the dx version around gt and the pentlands for the last 2 years. I originally had it on the bars and now lid (with a more expensive bar light).

There are brighter lights nowadays. And spottier lights (eg t6). And floodier lights. But for the cash this is a great allround first light. I would happily get another if needed.

My only additional comment is bring a backup / torch. Any light can and does die unexpectedly.

cookeaa

Yep Same sort of cheapo US std 2pin charger all the other chinese lights seem to come with, and a UK plug adapter was in the box (but not expected, just a pleasant little surprise).

I had no extra charges…

I’ll probably order myself another one or two as reserves, the same seller seems to have a couple of similar listings, same product different price/carriage charges, which all combine to about £17.50ish, dunno if exchange rate has had an impact as mine was ~£18 – £19 I think…

tpbiker
    Free Member

18 quid! Thats what I’d call a bargain Do I need 2, or will one do the job?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Tpbiker- my comments are for the p7 light in the OP. I also had a t6 that was too spotty and I got rid of. Others seem to like them though. Maybe one of each if the budget allows?

cookeaa

I still have an old P7 on the bars and that XML on my lid, one would be perfectly sufficient 2 (1 on bars, 1 on your noggin) is a bit better…

Be aware they are not the perfect light; the battery needs to be kept dry (there are many, many threads on this, I use cling film and bury it in my pack or in a cargo bottle) and the beam pattern has a nice big hot spot with a peripheral Halo type effect, but they do the job for night rides at a fraction of the cost of an Exposure or Hope unit, the obvious trade off being build quality, beam pattern weather proofness and of course a UK number to call when it goes tits up…

You pays your money you makes your choice… If your trying out night riding they do the job should your needs be for a more serious setup for say regular Enduro racing? then maybe consider more expensive options…

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I bought from the same company (although a different eBay id, but they seem to have several), ordered three, £16.50 each at the time. They arrived from China in a week and a half, with no customs charges. Came with two pin chargers, but with UK adapters.

They work fine, very bright, but a bit spotty, so I ordered 3 of the ‘orange peel’ reflectors and one wide angle lens from Action LED in the US. The reflectors make the light pattern a lot more usable, and the wide angle lens gives a good flood for the bars. I use two bar mounted, one flood and one spot, and one spot on the helmet. One on the helmet would probably be ok most of the time, but having two lights, one on the helmet and one on the bars does help with depth perception.

boxelder

cookeaa

Best review I’ve seen. Well written.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks cp.

Tpbiker – get two, one for the bars anyone on the helmet. Or maybe better the P7 one for the bars and the T6 for your helmet. You definitely want two though, for backup if nothing else.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Ive got a T6 one only, and the spot is strong, but ill be using this on my helmet, then a P7 jobbie on the bars, which im yet to get.

So in basic terms (from my experience of seeing/owning both)

T6 – Focused spot beam – wear on helmet
    P7 – Wider Flood – Mount on bars

Done.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA: SSC P7 Super Bright Rechargeable LED Bike Light UK store £27.89’ is closed to new replies.