Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Graphic Designers of STW..
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

..what should I expect to pay for a logo design for my new business? I have an idea of what I want, but not the skills to produce it.

Cheers.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You’ve got no chance mate.

All the graphic designers are down the pub stroking their beards and telling cool travel stories in order to hoover up all the fine young ladies. 😉

Honesty is the worst policy

gatsby
    Free Member

If it’s just a case of drawing up what you have in mind, expect to pay £100-£150 depending on complexity and amount of revisions.

If you want a designer to give you advice on developing your visual brand, this will cost a fair bit more. But there’s more to a brand than a logo, so money spent now will be money well spent…

jamesfts
    Free Member

**looks up from pint, breaks off conversation with “dopey fit girl”, strokes beard**

Logo design/branding can be a bit ‘how long is a piece of string’ unfortunately. Having a strong idea to start with can help but in the end it’ll depend on complexity of design and how much development is needed from that original idea.

I would say make sure you get it right to start with as having good branding behind you makes everything further down the line (website/advertising/vehicle graphics/stationary etc) as you’ll already have a colours, fonts etc in place.

Happy to go over it in more detail – james at fromthesticks dot co dot uk

jimjam
    Free Member

jamesfts – Member

**looks up from pint, breaks off conversation with “dopey fit girl”, strokes beard**

Logo design/branding can be a bit ‘how long is a piece of string’ unfortunately. Having a strong idea to start with can help but in the end it’ll depend on complexity of design and how much development is needed from that original idea.

I would say make sure you get it right to start with as having good branding behind you makes everything further down the line (website/advertising/vehicle graphics/stationary etc) as you’ll already have a colours, fonts etc in place.

Happy to go over it in more detail – james at fromthesticks dot co dot uk

That’s the long winded answer, and is totally correct. When I used to be part of a small design firm we ended up needing to streamline the process so charged as follows

£500 for the logo design. This was a bespoke logo, not just a font, it might include imagery or artwork and would be considerate of use across multiple formats. It might seem pricey, but once you’d spend 3-4 days back and forth with the client making tiny changes to size and colour etc you’d be lucky to be breaking even.

£1200 for logo and all stationary so, business cards, comp slips, headed paper etc excluding printing.

I think we had a package for about £2k which was pretty much full corporate branding overhaul including website splash page and animated logo.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

If you want a designer to give you advice on developing your visual brand, this will cost a fair bit more. But there’s more to a brand than a logo, so money spent now will be money well spent..

Choose your designer carefully, don’t get drawn in by all the flashy sales pitches.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11517129

the-muffin-man

I think Binners works for Greggs vouchers?

johndoh
    Free Member

But there’s more to a brand than a logo

This, ohh so much this. I tell clients this all the time, I lecture students on this all the time.

A local electricians may have a logo (and I would expect him to be paying the £150 mentioned above).

M&S have a brand and they pay the thousands (if not millions) developing and maintaining a brand, of which a logo is a component part.

binners

All the above. Get someone who knows what they’re doing, and applies a bit of thought to it. How it’ll develop, how it’ll be applied cross-platform etc

There was a post on here yesterday on just this subject. People recommended a variety of crowdsourcing designmylogo.com type nonsense. I’m sure someone else will shortly. Well its worth noting that every designer I know, worthy of the name, is absolutely bombed out with work at the moment, and could easily be working 24/7.

If they’ve got time to be fannying around doing spurious crowdsourcing cobblers, that tells you all you need to know about their abilities. Steer well clear.

Its bloody murder trying to get anything done too, with having to keep this pile of shitty sticks replenished to beat off all the nubile young ladies constantly hurling themselves at me like lingerie-clad kamikaze pilots!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Graphic Designers of STW..’ is closed to new replies.