• This topic has 27 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Any other Jersey manufacturers like Torm I can try
  • onandon
    Free Member

Searching for some new cycling jerseys but can’t find anything I like. I’ve ordered a bunch of Rapha stuff but I thought the quality was poor for the money.
    Just had a delivery of Torm and the quality if fantastic but sizing doesn’t work for me.

Who else can I try?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Quality poor for Rapha, that’s a surprise. What items did you buy?

I have one torm jersey and I find that the quality wasn’t great, pump pocket wore through at the bottom after a few rides, threads came loose, etc.

grizedaleforest

Have a look at Shutt

onandon
    Free Member

The Rapha gear was ordered direct from Rapha. I ordered a couple of styles in different sizes.
    Shutt, these are the fellas I’ve been trying to remember. Thanks, I’ll take a look.
    Anyone else ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

The Rapha gear was ordered direct from Rapha. I ordered a couple of styles in different sizes.

Yeh but what did you buy? I’d like to know what’s not so hot quality wise.

Road Holland, isadore, donkey label, castelli, morvelo are a few more to look at.

ernie67

What’s wrong with the sizing of the Torm gear – does it come up larger or smaller than expected ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

The one I have is a bit on the slim side, it’s a medium but slim on me and I usually take a small.

ernie67

Good to know ( now hoping they do xxxl !) – thanks

nickc

I’m a small in most things but cycling jerseys are often medium. Torm’s stuff generally is. Would love to like Morvelo stuff, but the jersey shape is odd (thin arms, long body with “ample room”)

Some Sombrio stuff is nice, Ashmei are doing some nice cycling gear alongside the running stuff they’re known for, Acre Supply, swvre are OK, Giro and Solo are doing nice jerseys. Always Riding (not a manufacturer, but lots of nicer gear in one place)

onandon
    Free Member

Garym , pro team and classic were ordered. All 4 had wonky sticking and 2 of the 4 had pulls in the fabric.
    The Torm sizes just didn’t work for me. Large was too big and bellowed in the chest when in the riding position. The medium was too small. Feels like to big a gap between the sizes.

onandon
    Free Member

The Morvelo stuff arrived today. It’s all a bit meh!
    I could live with it but all the guff said they jerseys have a 4th hidden zip pocket. They don’t, which is a bit shit.

Any other suggestions for jerseys. Surely it can’t be this difficult to buy decent gear.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Assos or castelli then

I’d say you’ve been unlucky with the Rapha stuff as I have loads and it’s been extremely good!

Superficial
    Free Member

Castelli and Mavic. They’re a bit more ‘modern’ than Torm / Rapha styling so might not be your cup of tea, but they feel well made, so far they’re lasting well, and the fit for me is excellent.

I try to buy jerseys in shops though because the fit will make or break how they feel to ride in, and it’s so difficult to judge this buying online.

onandon
    Free Member

Virtually everything I currently have is Mavic.
    I was looking to try somthing else but I guess I’ll go back and get a sprint or similar.

edhornby

I like santini stuff, its proper Italian race cut but I have a small chest measurement so it fits great. I also got a howies top in the sample sale which is good but I usually baulk at the price of the RRP

hilldodger
    Free Member

Not really like Torm, but Prendas have quite a good range at the moment
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/cycle-clothing/jerseys/short-sleeve-jerseys.html

As well as the usual team inspired designs

nickc

Surely it can’t be this difficult to buy decent gear.

you’d be surprised

ceepers

Which torm jersies did you get? The full zip ones are a more generous cut than the half zip.

I have both, full zip is close in cut to a rapha classic jersey, the half zip one is a fair bit more aero.

Schutt velo and chapeau are worth checking out

onandon
    Free Member

The Torm stuff, I ordered a m and l full and half zip. The full zip are around an inch bigger in the chest.
    Nice stuff but I’m inbetween sizes. Arms are baggy on the L and it’s a bit flappy. M is just a bit too tight all over.

torm
    Free Member

I have one torm jersey and I find that the quality wasn’t great, pump pocket wore through at the bottom after a few rides, threads came loose, etc.

That shouldn’t have happened with one of my jerseys, email me on mail@torm.cc so I can put this right.

torm
    Free Member

[/quote]The Torm sizes just didn’t work for me. Large was too big and bellowed in the chest when in the riding position. The medium was too small. Feels like to big a gap between the sizes.

My short zip jerseys do come up a little more snug than the long zip jerseys, for instance if you try a medium and large in one style the difference is about 2″ across the chest as with most manufacturers, if you try a medium and large in different styles they will either be about the same size or about 4″ difference across the chest depending on which jerseys you choose. See below if that helps ?
    The short zipped jerseys (T1, T2, T11, T12) have the following approximate arm pit to arm pit measurements when lying flat on the ground.

XS – 17″
    Small – 18″
    Medium – 19″
    Large – 20″
    XL – 21″
    XXL – 22″

The long zipped jerseys (T3, T5, T7, T8) have the following approximate arm pit to arm pit measurements when lying flat on the ground.

XS – 18″
    Small – 19″
    Medium – 20″
    Large – 21″
    XL – 22″
    XXL – 23″

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, that’s why I ordered a medium and large in long and short zip.
    none of the four fitted.

StuF

another StolenGoat customer here – love my bodyline jersey 🙂

tang
    Free Member

I was down at a meeting with Castelli guys at saddleback a couple of weeks back and Castelli cafe is going to be doing pics of real people with all sorts of body shapes and sizes in castelli stuff as an extra reference for online buyers. Seems a good idea especially if online is a big chunk of business.

torm
    Free Member

Yep, that’s why I ordered a medium and large in long and short zip.
    none of the four fitted.

Sorry to hear that, always happy to get feedback, I’ll check my sizing again to ensure that there is 2″ between sizes. Is this something you’ve seen with other brands ?

GavinB

Just to pitch in on the Torm thing, I’m a large in most things, and found the sizing of Torm spot on. Loved the fit and the fact that it has zero ‘team’ nonsense on it.

Only bummer was the stitching came away around the pockets within about a year, so it’s pretty much unusable for longer rides now 🙁

torm
    Free Member

Just to pitch in on the Torm thing, I’m a large in most things, and found the sizing of Torm spot on. Loved the fit and the fact that it has zero ‘team’ nonsense on it.

Only bummer was the stitching came away around the pockets within about a year, so it’s pretty much unusable for longer rides now
    Thanks for the feedback, it’s not something I’m aware of, please can you send me a photo to mail@torm.cc so I can see what the issue is ?

lunge

If you’re just looking for a plain-ish jersey, maybe with a bit of colour to it, some of the Planet-X jersey’s are worth a glance. The clubman jersey is a basic but nice enough top (buy down a size, I’m a 42″ chest and 6’4″ and the medium is the size I need to get a snug fit), whilst the Panello and Primevera tops are actually very, very nice jersey’s in a simple style (fit is better on these, I wear a large).

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Any other Jersey manufacturers like Torm I can try’ is closed to new replies.