Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Grand Seiko
  • CountZero

enduroforever – Member
    Any half decent auto watch can be calibrated to run within +2 -1 seconds a day by a good watch maker

I did my own.
    More by luck than judgement, to be perfectly honest, however, I’m perfectly happy with it being ten-fifteen seconds slow over six months.

CountZero

Posted this photo of my Seiko before, but I really do love this watch:

And here’s my old Yema; forty-odd years old now, and still going strong:

Only ever found one on eBay France, sold for around €450-500, IIRC. Doubt if it cost me more than £50, more like £25-30.

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    I did my own.
    More by luck than judgement, to be perfectly honest, however, I’m perfectly happy with it being ten-fifteen seconds slow over six months.

I need to calibrate mine but I don’t have the tools to do it … arrghhh … mine is a bit slow.

In the meantime I am wearing my Casio Tough Solar Atomic watch! 🙄

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I think this thread gives some small insight into what people who aren’t into bikes might think when they meet people who really appreciate them 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

MrSalmon – Member

I think this thread gives some small insight into what people who aren’t into bikes might think when they meet people who really appreciate them

Are you saying we are anal? 😆

CountZero – Member

Eeek! Just did a quick Google and found this:

Jackpot?

CountZero

Could be, mine’s in much better condition, for a start. Wouldn’t sell it, I’ve had it from new, it was my first ‘grown-up’ watch, but it’s gratifying to know that it has appreciated in value a bit.
    I’m now reviewing my ‘wear it to work watch’ policy as regards the Yema, it’ll be the G-Shock from now on.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

For accuracy you can’t beat high end Quartz. Seiko 8f movements weren’t expensive but are accurate to a couple of seconds a year. Add perpetual calendar so no messing there. On some the hour hand moves independently so you don’t mess the minutes/seconds when changing time zone or daylight saving. 10 year battery as well.

This was the one I wanted but missed the boat – http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/detailed-review-seiko-sbqj015-high-end-quartz-8f56-236270.html

finbar
    Free Member

Any half decent auto watch can be calibrated to run within +2 -1 seconds a day by a good watch make

Well, that’s significantly more accurate than COSC standards, and only 3% of Swiss watch production is COSC-certified…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSC

nickb

@lotto – let me know which Rolex Explorer you have. I’m not sure I could get it past the other half, but I could be tempted if you decide to sell…

Cheers,
    Nick (email in profile)

Notter
    Free Member

CFH that Schwarz is just beautiful. The fact there’s clearly a significant story just adds to it, thank you for sharing!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Grand Seiko’ is closed to new replies.