Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Grand Canyon 29er – Anyone Got One?
  • forzafkawi
    Free Member

I haven’t seen any tests as yet but am considering buying one and wondered what people think of them.

cheers_drive

I have a 8.9. It was great for 3 rides but the DT Swiss fork developed a fault. 7 weeks later I’m still waiting for the fork to be repaired.

mboy
    Free Member

A couple of very positive initial reviews on the Internet.

But there’s also been a few cases of the same issue above with the DT Swiss forks from what I can gather, though usually fixed quicker than that.

Look V good for the money, I’d buy one if I had the cash right now, but I’d ask them to double and triple check the fork dropouts to make sure they’re bonded in correctly before sending me the bike…

cheers_drive

My forks were originally sent back with a damping problem but the lowers are being changed too because of the known dropout issue. The ABS damping unit is causing the delay, very frustrating TBH.
    Great bike though, very fast, stiff but not uncomfortable frame and nicely responsive handling.

johnnystorm

Only had it a week but initial view is that it’s a blinder. I went for the 8.9 as well. Raced it on its second ride. I fear my Camber isn’t going to get much use. It feels stiff and efficient but not harsh. I’ll keep an eye on the forks now….. 😉

Potter
    Free Member

they have now released a 7.9 with the new fox forks,i spoke to canyon about the fork issue and they said there were only a couple of cases reported to them,the fork is putting me off tbh

andyl46
    Free Member

I have an 8.9, love the way it rides, took it down some very steep and technically demanding trails at the weekend and it felt great. I’ve upgraded bits and it now sits at 11.2kg inc pedals for an XL, which is fine by me (stan’s crest 29er rims on Superstar hubs tubeless conversion, easton carbon post with Spesh alias saddle, XT cassette as the one that came on it was rather heavy, Easton 90mm stem).

I’ve had the issues with the inserts rotating in the fork lowers, now sorted with some Araldite…

I’d take a long look at that 7.9 though…

Before the steep stuff:

Potter
    Free Member

andyl46,did yours ship with the white forks?
    i thought they were black?

andyl46
    Free Member

No, the white lowers were warranty replacements for the black ones that developed the problem with the inserts rotating in the fork legs. They were sent to Pace, and to speed up the return, I happily agreed to take the white lowers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grand Canyon 29er – Anyone Got One?’ is closed to new replies.