Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • gpx routes for garmin
  • fattyrider
    Free Member

hi guys bit of a cheeky one but any one got gpx routes they would like to share for wyre forest and other rides around west midlands

I have just had a Garmin and would love to follow some rides to enjoy more places

whatgoesup

Take a look at http://www.gpsies.com/ – loads of routes on there

If you get them on to your garmin without 45 minutes of swearing please report back on how you did it !

<edit> – that’s not a criticism of gpsies.com – it’s a criticism of Garmin – they do know how to make things hard!
    I found that the first set of data I uploaded was fine. The second bombed out saying it was already uploaded. The reason being that the timestamp was identical – and Garmin Connect uses that to differentiate files. So – it’s necesary to go into the .gpx file and edit the initial timestamp to be something unique. Easy enough once you know you need to do it but a right faff.

excitable1
    Free Member

Just a bit of advice to make things easier with the Garmin.

Download the GPX folder from Gpsies and then upload it into Bikehike Course Creator here, then save it/download it to your PC as a TCX file (you can rename it to something you’ll recognise). Plug your Garmin in to your PC then copy and paste your downloaded TCX folder into the ‘New Files’ directory on your Garmin. Unplug your Garmin and then turn it off and on again. The new file will be in your ‘Courses’ folder and then you can either follow it or Navigate with it (You can go into the course settings to change whether it’s constantly displayed, has navigation points etc).

Works every time, and for some reason just putting a GPX file someone sends me into the New Files folder does’nt !

whatgoesup

exitable1 – Bikehike course creator bookmarked – I’ll definitely be giving this a try, thanks !

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a really good one for the Wyre forest that is easy to follow.
    I used it a few times when I started going over to get a feel for the place.
    I pinched it off someone on strava and it covers a lot of the Wyres best bits.

Email me andysredmini at hotmail dot com

You may want to wait until mid summer though until the mud starts to dry up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘gpx routes for garmin’ is closed to new replies.