Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Got my bike to where I want it – Teutonic content
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I've had my Nicolai Helius CC frame for just over a year – 2nd hand off my mate – it started life with drive train, brakes, wheels and finishing kit off my old Pitch and the forks off my Handjob.

Recently I've been gathering parts that suit the bike alot more, with it being a CC and not an AM after all.

I've swapped in a Thomson Elite post, 90mm Thomson 4x stem, USE Atom Carbon bars, gears n' that are XT, with SLX crankset and brakes, forks are now 426 Rev Dual Airs and wheels are Hope hoops with Stans ZTR355's.

The bike is so much more responsive, quicker and handles better – i just feels right (bar the slightly long brake line 😳 ).

I know the path/border could do with a tidy but I had to clean the bike 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

Lawn could use a cut as well.

Tyre logos not quite lined up, you could've at least put some effort in.

Same wheels as me, very nice they are.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Are the rims more XC than AM or tough XC? I am looking at a new wheel set for my SS and looking at the weights I can't decide between XC717s or the 355s.
    (Sorry for the slight highjack)

njee20
    Free Member

355s over 717s every time, lighter, wider, tougher.

Nice looking bike that, don't normally like Nicolais.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Definitely go for 355's over the 717's, they're more than wide enough to give you a nice profile.

I ride all sorts from rocky wales to woodsy single track and they're great.

Cheers njee 😉

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Thanks for the response on the rims.

Sorry forgot to say on my first post that I really like your bike. You have got some nice parts on there and it looks like it would be fun and fast to ride.

mattp
    Free Member

that's look cool – one of those frames that I've always liked the look of… i don't want to start one of those saturday morning "my bike weighs less than yours" threads but out of curiosity what does it weigh??

ianpinder
    Free Member

Sweet bike, can not wait untill mine is built up and ready to ride.

Considering another cc or rc but cant decide if I want a third nicolai or something different.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I really, really like that bike. Nice detailing too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

mattp – It comes in at 12.2kgs on my scales, which is nice 8)

Ianpinder – cheers, there's a good argument to have another, me and my mates were talking about what bike you'd get if you won the lottery/came across a shit load of cash, I said a RC and an AM

PJM – cheers :mrgreen:

ianpinder
    Free Member

So far, I have an ST and an AM, an rc would be perfect.

It's a bad bad world we live in.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We've still got a few heavily reduced Helius CC's at the moment – same geometry as now but different cable routing and most are without the engraved N on the headtube but they're down to £1250 with DT shock.

ianpinder
    Free Member

As I have said before your a bad bad man si

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Got my bike to where I want it – Teutonic content’ is closed to new replies.